Author Topic: Pleasant Hill League  (Read 60104 times)

kohjahk

Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 03:30:01 PM »
What a bummer that it's in direct opposition to another popular league.  Also, I don't think 7 of 18 people voting on an obscure website constitutes a majority :P  You may need to take another poll when the masses are aware of the course even existing and that it has a league.

dclabe

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 04:11:44 PM »
I personally agree with you kohjahk  :(....I would rather have league on Sunday so I could play one of the existing Saturday Winter leagues.  But, with 11 of 18 people indicating that they preferred Saturday, that didn't really leave much choice.  This is the official website of the KCFDC, so you have to give some credibility to the poll.  The other caveat is that this could be a permanent league (not just winter) depending on the interest level. 

Anyway, Saturday 11/10 11am Pleasant Hill league. 

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 04:32:15 PM »
Boo-hiss....   We need a Sunday league in the area. If people can't play because they are avid churchgoers then they will simply miss out on this particular league or will have to get up for the early early service.

Then again, I rarely make it to weekend leagues anyway so don't pay any attention to me....    ::)

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 02:18:55 PM »
Boo-hiss....   We need a Sunday league in the area. If people can't play because they are avid churchgoers then they will simply miss out on this particular league or will have to get up for the early early service.

Then again, I rarely make it to weekend leagues anyway so don't pay any attention to me....    ::)

Boo hiss!!!! Sunday rocks!

Also, we have leagues Down Under and at Olathe on Saturday...if you want people out there a P-Hill, you've got a better shot on Sunday. 

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

kohjahk

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »
This is the official website of the KCFDC, so you have to give some credibility to the poll.
I've been using forums for years and years and years.  Online forum polls only cater to people reading the forums and I'm sorry but that is a small fraction of the actual golfers in the area.  Online polls are useless.  Think about it.  Only the people reading the forum are voting.  I doubt that even 30% of the KCFDC club base uses the forums actively.

Chainsaw

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
If you are so infatuated with the Pleasant Hill course, then you should move to Pleasant Hill. Sorry buddy, but not everybody can have things exactly as is convenient for themself. Do you have a more efficient idea (instead of the internet/forum) as to how to get information to mass amounts of people? That is the way the world works now. Besides, if you can't play the league out there, then just go play some other time.

kohjahk

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
After second thought I decided to modify this post.

Chainsaw I have never once represented preferred votes for league times skewed to my preferences other than when I actually voted in the poll.  Better go back and re-read.  The point of an organized league is to attract a respectable player base for competitive play.  Scheduling a league event in direct opposition to two other already established and very popular league times seems like a bad idea that will only doom the Lakeshore event to mediocrity at best. 

Personally I could make the Saturday times easily but honestly I'd have a hard time choosing Lake Shore over Down Under although I'd probably choose Lake Shore over Olathe. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:57:11 PM by kohjahk »

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 05:49:35 PM »
If you are so infatuated with the Pleasant Hill course, then you should move to Pleasant Hill. Sorry buddy, but not everybody can have things exactly as is convenient for themself. Do you have a more efficient idea (instead of the internet/forum) as to how to get information to mass amounts of people? That is the way the world works now. Besides, if you can't play the league out there, then just go play some other time.

Lighten up, Francis.

But yes, you have a good point.  The KCFDC website or direct email would be the fastest way to disseminate this information, and perhaps a mention in the next club newsletter for all of the internet-challenged folk.

Dan's soliciting input for start times for a league at P-Hill, I don't think he thinks this is the end-all of everything.  What T.J. said is right.  Scheduling a P-Hill league against two other leagues in town would seem to doom it to failure.  I'm not even saying I'll go play the P-Hill league more than once a month, even though going there is about as fast as me going to Olathe.  But I think the league has a better chance of making it on Sunday.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »
There are plenty of leagues all year round but to to schedule another Saturday league when downunder and olathe are the same time not much sense in it. A couple hours later would help say 3-3:30 you would draw from the other leagues instead of compete with them.   thanks pete
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

going-long

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 10:35:17 PM »
I think that you also have to put location in this discussion. I would love to play downunder every Sat. But it is a hell of a drive. So i would choose Pleasant hill to play. (since it is five minutes from greenwood where i live) If someone lives closer to this area they might choose to play in P hill as well. The course is really not that far from Lees Summit. When they say P hill it is not in the heart of P HIll but rather on the out-skirts out P HIll. So I say choose a damn day.....and if people want to play.....then they will play. Maybe they will realize that the P Hill course is a closer drive than other leagues locations.

narin
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:38:54 PM by going-long »

kohjahk

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
But yes, you have a good point.  The KCFDC website or direct email would be the fastest way to disseminate this information, and perhaps a mention in the next club newsletter for all of the internet-challenged folk.
This only holds true if a majority of the base utilizes the services.  You have many who don't or won't for whatever reasons.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 09:51:58 AM »
This only holds true if a majority of the base utilizes the services.  You have many who don't or won't for whatever reasons.

Agreed, that's why I mentioned we use the club newsletter as well.  It is important that we communicate with our members in written form.  The internet is faster, and direct email is far better than a message board, but you are correct, there are a few that do not have internet access, and those that do not check their email on a regular basis.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
Agreed, that's why I mentioned we use the club newsletter as well.  It is important that we communicate with our members in written form. 

What's a club newsletter? I remember getting one of those years ago but......

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

kohjahk

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »
The club sends me post cards occassionally I just assumed they were traveling the world.

dclabe

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 11:12:32 AM »
Pleasant Hill Saturday League

First Saturday League at Lake Shore Disc Golf course is this Saturday (11/10) at 11 am.  Entry $5 with full payout (no ace fund).  Format will be random draw doubles....I've heard interest in singles too, so maybe some weeks we will play singles. 

Come be a part of history.....you could be part of the first winning team during daylight league (and quite possibly set a new course record)! 

Hope to see you Saturday....