Author Topic: Pleasant Hill League  (Read 62901 times)

dclabe

Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 12:47:34 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/10(18 -20 degrees (windchill 1), 8-13 North wind, Sunny)

Six players out for Frigid League at Lake Shore.  Olathe Posse rode into town and rode out with all our money!  Even brought their own cheering section (Cindy & Gus).    It was another shootout at Lake Shore, after sixteen holes the scores were 8, 8, 7.  Then Deano/Tom birdied 17 (while the rest of us couldn't convert) putting them 9 down.  On 18 Matt hit a 35-40 footer to tie it up at 9 briefly, before Deano stepped up and calmly hit a 25 footer for the win.

Dean Uhlmann/Tom Butler   44   $30.00
Matt Hayes/Dan Coffman   45   
Andy Lewis/Fred Fortson   47   

It was a pretty dark day for the PHill Roosters....not much to crow about at the end of the day :-\.

Next weekend league will be Sunday 2/17 11 am at Lake Shore, hope to see you there.....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »

It was a pretty dark day for the PHill Roosters....not much to crow about at the end of the day :-\.

Guess that is what happens when most of the Roosters stay in the hen house.  Hope it was warm in there Brian!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dclabe

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/17(34 degrees, 15-18 North -northwest wind, Snow)

There was no League....probably a good thing with about 2" of slush, would've torn the course up.  Everything melted off by about 3 or 4 pm, so other than being sloppy its probably playable now.

Next weekend league will be Sunday 2/24 11 am at Lake Shore, hope to see you there.....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »
Just a reminder of Pleasant Hill League on Sunday 2/24 11 am.....hopefully, we'll thaw out by then. ::)

Also, since the weather is warming up  :o I've been thinking about a Coed division (bring your own partner or random draw), best disc format with the requirement that 6 drives of each player are used.  To have split divisions we would need to have a minimum of 3 teams for each division.  Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.

Anyway, hope to see you Sunday at Lake Shore.....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »
For your throwing pleasure, all teepads have been cleaned...... ;D

dclabe

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/24(38-45 degrees, 3-5 South-Southwest wind, Snow)

There was no League....Dick Parker & Narin Clouse, Tavish Sanders & Dan Coffman, played a casual round of doubles in the snow...Kelly Warren joined us for a few  holes...most of the snow melted by the time we finished, needless to say the course was really soggy.  Oh yeah, Dick & Narin took our money (49 to 50)....

Next weekend league will be Sunday 3/2 11 am at Lake Shore, hope to see you there.....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 3/2 (70 -75 degrees, 22-25 South - southwest wind with gusts as high as 35)

Eight players out for League at Lake Shore.  Nothing like a little wind golf on a precursor of Spring day.... Narin Clouse/Andy Lewis and Brian Guthrie/Dan Coffman battled to a 47 all tie.  Even a playoff of 4 holes didn't help....agreed to split the Cash.  Had a couple of new players out (Kyle & Chris), Dan B. showed up late and joined the herd... a good time was had by all.

Narin Clouse/Andy Lewis 47 $20
Brian Guthrie/Dan Coffman 47 $20 
Dean Uhlmann/Kyle 50
Brian Palmer/Chris   56 

Next weekend league will be Sunday 3/9 12 pm at Lake Shore, hope to see you there.....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »
Still going to have league on the same day as Kan-U-WyCo?
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »
Wy Not, did during the Leap Daze event.......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
Thought Dan may be playing in the tourney????
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dclabe

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Actually, I haven't decided whether to play Kan-U-Wyco....anyone who knows me, knows I like Wyco a lot.  But, I'm a fair weather tournament player (especially in March) who needs IDEAL conditions (ie 50 & up, dry, and calm wind condtions) ::).  Thats without adding the complexity of which division I will play in ???.  Hopefully, I will make up my mind before it fills.

Even if I play, I will get someone to run league so people who can't play Wyco have an option.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »
If you're looking for calm wind conditions at WyCo, you must play out there less than 5 times a year!

Forecasted weather for Sunday:  Partly Cloudy, High 53.   As with most warm days in march, it will probably be windy.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »
If you're looking for calm wind conditions at WyCo, you must play out there less than 5 times a year!

Not true. If you play there on Friday evenings on a regular basis you will find that for most of the season it will be dead calm more often than not for league. Sometimes it's too calm and the discs just die. It's a timing thing though. Winds tend to die down late in the day naturally. So the tourney may be windy as hell right up to the last few holes on Sunday.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
then of course the rain will come as is typical for the Kan-U-Play Wet!!
:P

I just registered though, so the weather is bound to be horrible!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2008, 07:07:47 PM »
Way to go Jack....... jinx it for everyone else.....just like the rebel yell, roof jumping, poker playing greatness we had going in Emporia last year.  It's amazing what a little bit of alcohol will do to someones voice, not to mention a sober leo already loud mouth.

;D

P.S. - I look forward to showing you how to golf this weekend!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word