Author Topic: What kind of Bag of do you carry?  (Read 3094 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
What kind of Bag of do you carry?
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:25:54 PM »
I've only been in this sport for 4 month and I've already out grown my Innova standard bag.  So I've been shopping around and thought I throw it out there for you guys and gals to give me some suggestions.

So what bag are you using?  Pro's and Con's of your bag?  Disc capacity?  Anything else you want to add :)

Thanks,

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

_dm4

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 09:08:33 AM »
I carry a Gateway bag with quad shocks.  It is a good bag, but when it is done, I will probably jump on the band wagon and get a Revolution bag.  They are very good, perhaps the best on the market.  Tough and hold what you need.  One of my friends has a Carolina, and it looks like the best material I have seen with room for everything, yet not too big.  

Check them out!

If you just want to carry a few discs,  Wall City made "the bag", but they don't make them anymore.   :cry:

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 11:15:04 AM »
I carry a Lightning Pro-Style bag with Quadshocks. There are only two points to attach the straps on this bag but it works really well. There is room for 20-22 discs as well as a couple of zipper pockets for other things and a bottle holder. It's less expensive than other brands but it has held up pretty well for me. The Quadshocks actually cost more than the bag. The bag comes with an okay single strap but I stuff so much in mine it's easier with the dual straps.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:24:32 PM »
Kevin is right the quadshocks are the way to go if you're going to carry a bigger bag.
Mike Penney

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 08:36:34 PM »
I'd like a little more capacity but I definately need more storage over what I have now.  

Currently I'm leaning towards a Gateway bag, then adding the Quadshocks, but the Revolutions are really nice, but also really expensive.

I still have another month until my b-day so I have time :D

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Mad Dog

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 05:24:31 PM »
I guess you are looking for more room in your bag. As for me, I like to carry a small light weight bag, 9-10 discs. I picked up a military map bag at Mickey's Surplus. I like it and have used it well for the past 4 or 5 years. Now I don't carry my beers in my bag like most of my disc buddies which is why I have built the Caddy-Cooler. A mobile cooler that rolls around the course on old 16" lawn mower wheels. It can carry 18 beers and a load of ice, that's nice. In fact my buddies expect me to tote their beer around now, and when I do, I expect them tote the Caddy-Cooler around too. Yes I am a member of the Beer League. We all know how to drink and drive the disc golf courses with the best of them. -maD doG

McCabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 09:41:44 PM »
I have the Revolution, "Carolina" edition.  It is bad arse!!  Can hold about 18-20 disc's...TWO 32ounce bottle holders,  and more storage than you'll ever need.  Its a must have!!

Anita

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 01:40:05 PM »
I know someone who has used the same Rev. bag for around 10 years. Now THAT holding up for the long run.

I have a Rev. club bag myself. It's great. If you want a bag that lasts, go Revolution.

Soup

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Check out my Youtube channel for disc golf vids
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 11:43:27 AM »
The PDGA bag is great too.  My Quadshock has been suffering because I like to carry 6-8 beers (ok...10-12...shut-up) in the two large compartments on either side. It also has two drink holders on one side for the double fisted drinkers like myself.  Not to mention a secret zipper that I didnt know about for a whole year.  It carries secret stuff.   Just remember....when you carry a bag like this the rookies watch you throw.  It has the stain of a good thrower.   I say "stain" because the criticism comes with this.  

-DISCLOSURE- Drive safely. Drinking and driving is only safe on the course...but leave the car in the parking lot or at home for that matter.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 07:23:37 PM »
Hey Mad Dogge is that bottles of cans?
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

DATFUNK

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 12:52:31 PM »
HEY DENNIS, I'M FROM A DIFFERENT SCHOOL OF THINKING, I BOUGHT A "COOLER BAG" FROM K-MART FOR TEN BUCKS, AND A QUAD SHOCK STRAP, AND NOW I CAN CARRY MY DRINKS AND MY DISCS. DRINKS STAY COLD, DISCS STAY HOTT!

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 04:21:15 PM »
The bag that I use is a gym bag. Then I added a drink holder on the side.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 08:47:41 PM »
Well I gottsa Blue bag with a guy throwing a disc into a basket.
Got it disc golf world it has room for about 12 disc's the putter pocket fits two.
Has a 40oz holder on one side and zip up pocket on the other but i think
it was discontiued. Got it for $25 I think.  Bigger that the innova (I guess) the
starter Bag.  I like it but the one complant I have about it is the strap is wrong.  
its on I guess it just makes the bag stand out off my hip funny..   :^)
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

davetv81

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 09:59:36 AM »
check out the plain ol soft side fishing tackle boxes at walmart or kmart.  fits discs perfectly and has a bunch of pockets, drink holder  etc...  $15 or so.