Author Topic: Listing of all disc golf installations in KC Metro  (Read 2149 times)

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
Re: Listing of all disc golf installations in KC Metro
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »
It's so nice when we agree to disagree.
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 08:52:01 AM »
When compiling the list of courses in KC, the Detonator left off the particularly important course of Down Under. Some think it is developed and others think it is not. I mentioned that it is a full course, and I would definitely say that it has a lot of trash cans, moreso than some courses. I love a lot of the tee pads too. The cliff one is outstanding and concrete tee pads (plastic surgery) would destroy that as well as many other amazing places to tee off. I kinda like the natural pads. Sure, signs would be cool, so we could see the distances of the placements, and during tournaments, newbies could see where the pin is, how far, etc. You are right in saying more people play there in the winter. I know lots of rec players (oops, isn't it "enthusiasts" now?) love it as well as players of all levels. When I said it wasn't fully developed, I guess I meant the tee signs, mostly. Maybe a little clearing of ground cover and brush, but not too much, because that is what makes it so great. I know in Iowa, their Walnut Ridge (I think that is what it is called) is very Down Underesque, and that is what inspired me to play Down Under so much more.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 09:56:21 AM »
- Need to add Shawnee Mission Park to the list.
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 12:43:31 PM »
yeah, i think he has it on the list (first posting on first page). i am actually going to play that course today. what a wonderful disc golfing city we have.....  ;D

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Listing of all disc golf installations in KC Metro-John Nowlin
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »
John Nowlin Elementary has a four hole course with tee pads and tee signs.  It sounds great having more elementary school courses, but who is going to fund them?  Not EDGE.  Please, that is a joke.  Matching baskets is a joke.  PE programs do not have the money it takes to put in a course.  Some might say that there is money, but PTAs wants to spend their money on things they are familiar with needed classroom items. In an ideal world, we could have matching basketes program for elementary schools.  However, it is only for colleges.  If a school does have the money then great.  If you live by a school that looks like they could put a few holes in go approach them.  I know that CJ has approached the school that his children attend.  The course at my school went in rather quickly with some hard work and the help of the maintence department, however there is still work, and somebody has to do it.  The club deals with this problem all the time.  Lots of folks like to talk the talk, but not walk the walk.