Author Topic: 2008 Bag Tags  (Read 6900 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
2008 Bag Tags
« on: December 08, 2007, 02:04:46 PM »
What are the new tags going to be made of ?
The 2007 tags I saw that were actually in play more than others had become chipped or broken. Either they were dropped hard or stepped on accidently???
I'm not sure if we can beef the material up or come up with a different type tag.  Any ideas anyone?
I read last years post and found the leather patches intriguing since we were known as a cow town plus for better wear and tear.
Steven Disc Glover

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Bag Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »
I've helped with Tags the last 2 years, and I can easily say that this years tags were the best the club has seen for the cheap price of $5.

It's very hard to find anything that can be numbered differently at a low price.

Leather does not fair well in wet conditions and can also be ripped or torn just as easily as the kind we have now can break or crack, as with all tags it's just the matter of people being careless with them.

If you have a better way or access to anyway to do tags, please feel free to get some samples, along with prices and time frames.  To my knowledge, nobody has stepped up to take care of getting the 2008 ones designed, fabricated or anything.  I have a very good connections for the type of thing we did this year, but I do not have any design software anymore to create the image, so anyone who can help, bring it on!!!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »
I guess its a good thing I grought up the tags. I assumed the tags were a done deal already. I don't know nothing about programming. Kevin Montgomery can you chime in on this issue to help.
Steven Disc Glover

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »
I have a friend on the promo business that I woudl be willing to contact if we are looking for additional bids?

Also, any thoughts to expanding beyond 150? I think the club sold out by early summer? Maybe that's the way it should be, just thought I'd ask.....
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 10:49:48 PM »
What we are looking for right now is someone who could design us something cool, and functional.  From what I've heard we got a sweet deal on last years tags and could acquire the same deal for '08.  The only thing really lacking is a creative and interesting design.

So Bradley if your buddy can produce some cool design the club and everyone else would certainly like to take a look at it.  See if he'll put something out there for and post a pic of it here.

I believe we are talking about increasing the number to 200 this year.

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »
No, this guy would be a supplier not someone to "create a cool design".
Sorry
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 03:38:52 PM »
 Scott Mallen is the man.  He would be an excellent guy to talk to.  I feel that we should use him for more designs if he was available to help.  He has told me in the past that he is happy to help the club when he can.  He is a professional and very knowledgeable in the tech/media field.  For those of you that do not know him, he has done the flyers that last two years for the Solistice Doubles Tourney at Swope. 

If available, he could produce a cool graphic/design.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:47:50 PM »
Theis, I am sorry but I do not know who this guy is.  Is there any chance you'd be able to ask him and see if has any ideas?

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 02:31:59 PM »
Hey, I'm new to the scene. I run www.mad-avenue.com. If you guys still need help, I am more than willing to help, or at least consult on any kind of media project. I've been playing 4 times a week since the start of last summer and I'm lovin' it.

cheers!

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 06:06:38 PM »
As far as I know we still need help  ??? so if you are a designer and would like to throw out an idea for a Tag design that would be great.

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 02:54:54 AM »
Let me know what you need and I'll give it a whirl.

disc art guy

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »
Hey guys,

Do you still need art for the tags? I have done the art for the kcwo and the solstice doubles (among others) for the last few years.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
Yes we do!!!!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 03:55:36 PM »
Are you sure Andy?  It says on the Ice Bowl registration that they will be available there.  That leads me to think they are already finished or close to being finished  ???

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »
If they are, then I guess I'm out of that loop.

I figured that was placed on the ice bowl sheet in hopes that they would be done.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word