Author Topic: SATRUDAY LEAGUE CANCELLED AT PRAIRIE CENTER  (Read 1017 times)

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
SATRUDAY LEAGUE CANCELLED AT PRAIRIE CENTER
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:16:49 PM »
DUE TO LACK OF PARTICIPATION SATURDAY LEAGUE AT PRAIRIE CENTER IN OLATHE (11:00am) IS NOW CANCELLED

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SATRUDAY LEAGUE CANCELLED AT PRAIRIE CENTER
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
You mean, permanently? 
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »
I can't see going out there Saturday after Saturday and not having enough people show up to have a league.  At this time I would say I will NOT be running Satruday league at Prairie Center until a BUNCH of people commit to being there at that time.  Later...

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »
I can't see going out there Saturday after Saturday and not having enough people show up to have a league.  At this time I would say I will NOT be running Satruday league at Prairie Center until a BUNCH of people commit to being there at that time.  Later...

Bob,

You can certainly do what you want to do, and I understand your frustration, but in most people's defense, the weather has been absolutely crappy the last 3 Saturdays in a row.  People probably will come back when the weather gets better.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 04:25:35 PM »
The weather HAS been crappy, but that hasn't stopped enough people from participating in the past.  I believe oher factors may be involved such as Rosedale doubles starting at 12:30, more new courses in the ground, higher gas prices, etc.  It doesn't hurt my feelings that people aren't showing.  Driving all the way across town is way more expensive than it used to be.  Later...

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 07:52:03 AM »
You did seem upset with all the CAPITAL LETTERS... 8)
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 05:10:25 PM »
Would anyone esle be willing to run this league or would it work at a better time for folks???

Possibly Sunday mornings or earlier on Sat so you could still get done in time to go play down under league?

Also, we should make the cost/payout the same as down under.  $10 to play with $1 going to the Ace fund, $1 to the club and $8 goes to payout.  I believe several people go to down under league due to the lack of payout at Prairie.  As many people as leagues pick up during the summer, I think the club can survive with only getting $1/ person during the winter especially if this increases attendence.

The weather has been horrible the last few weekends, but 4 of us showed up to play 2 weeks ago with no Bob showing up
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 05:34:23 PM by Andy »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 10:15:54 PM »
Maybe we need to have a poll to see how many people might show up for a Sunday league.  I would be more than happy to run it.  Later...

dclabe

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 11:44:40 AM »
We moved the Pleasant Hill league to Sunday at 11am so we wouldn't conflict with the already existing Saturday leagues....

Speaking for myself, I try to play the Olathe Saturday league when the weather is decent.....I haven't even considered it the past few weeks because the weather sucked....turnout for the PHill Sunday league during the same time frame has been sparse as well.....actually no league for a coupla weeks.

I think we need to have a way to poll people when the weather is questionable...