Author Topic: Noob  (Read 1655 times)

ScottieB

Noob
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »
Hello all. I have been playing with my brother-in-law for about a year. We haven't played with anybody else. So I was wanting to gauge our play. Our "home" course is water works. We both have thrown as our best round, a two over par three. That is with the current set-up of the pins, short ;D My average is between 4 and 8 over. How are we doing? No need to be kind, I'm a big boy.
ScottieB

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Noob
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:45:31 PM »
last night at the thursday league mark yard sale martin and arturo villareal each shot 48. fred netherton came home with a 49 and jaime peligroso disappeared into the woods with his masters division buddies to playoff a 3 way tie at even par.
score is relative.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 02:36:02 PM »
score is relative.

exactly why i play par 5. 

ScottieB

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:53:42 PM »
I was just trying to get a feel for how I play compared to others that play at water works.

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »
Like you said, it partly depends on the course set-up.

The best way to get a standard for skill is to use the PDGA rating system.  You can look at past tournaments at Waterwork and see what scores correspond with which ratings. 

I'll give an estimate.  1000 rated golf (better than average pro golfer) on an average setup would shoot around a 50 for an average score.  950 rated golfer (better than average advanced player) would shoot around 55. 900 rated player (upper intermediate player) would shoot around 60. 

There are many players who average over 60 at WW that play in disc golf tournaments.  There is always a division for everyone.  What does change a little is divisional skill.  On your average course, pros playing league will average higher scores than in a local tournemant.  Usually the bigger tournaments draw the most skilled players.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:54:02 PM by Schoen-hopper »

ScottieB

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »
Thanks. That kind of information is helpful. I'll try and hit the next tournament and have some fun.