Author Topic: Legacy Park Course in Lee's Summit  (Read 20621 times)

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: Legacy Park Course in Lee's Summit
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
I think we need an official "go ahead" from the city...

Yes, 2¢ is 2¢, but you can't even buy a piece of gum with that anymore... On the bright side, gasoline is down around $2.50 today :)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2008, 07:15:20 AM »
jack.  i love you.  please come watch my children so i can go play golf.

bring discs so i don't have to lose my own.  that grass is thick.

i promise not to sue if i step in a pig hole and destroy my ankle.  well maybe just a little

kohjahk

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
Yar! I do remember seeing a message that said the course was not open to the public yet and that they were inviting a group of people to come have a try out on the course to give design and configuration recommendations.

So unless you have permission I would say that you probably need to stay off of this course until it is officially opened up.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »
I was up working on my mulit-engine pilots license yesterday. The old plane I was in used to be a fire fighter plane in Oregon. I was talking about the new course so we took a pass over it for a lookee see. The ole geezer flight instructor started teling me about these drums he brought back from Nam that he had out behind the hangar. He said they sprayed tons of this stuff over there and it killed the jungle real quick, so today we are gonna load up 6700 gallons of Agent Orange and fix them fairways up right. He said it will be real easy without anti-aircraft fire coming up like back in '71.

kohjahk

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »
LMAO Tom!  Put some DDT out while you're at it!

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2008, 12:51:48 PM »
LMAO Tom!  Put some DDT out while you're at it!

Did you take any pix whilst you were overhead?

DDT  :o  So long as the chiggers are gone. Don't worry about the runoff...
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

garlichbread

« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2008, 06:55:27 PM »
So I couldn't make it on Saturday to play but I played it on Thursday:) I donated one of my discs to the course. Has some great potential but the rough is more jungle like:) complete with snakes and thorns. Looking forward to the improvements and more play when it is open

iChainer14

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2008, 12:02:34 AM »
So does anyone know when it is supposed to be open to the public? i went there today and there were no baskets at all. It was lame! Any word?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2008, 10:29:08 AM »
Since the course is not open to the public yet, why is it lame?

There are many items that need to be completed before the city want people to play on it.  It was stated in here that the course was not open to public play, there has not been any information to the contrary.

Once the park is open we will announce it here, as well as the city will haev their own announcement.

Timelines change.......this was started in 1998, relax, a few months and it will be open to everyone to play.  And ready to go as the city sees fit.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2008, 10:34:41 AM »
the pins are pulled for now.

it was never supposed to be officially used by the public.  the baskets were in so we could go out and show the city what needed to be done to get it ready for play.

be patient.  there are some drainage issues that need to be resolved in the wooded part of the park, it won't be solved overnight.

we will have a course, just BE PATIENT.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
Just a little curious about the "dry run" that was played. Were there any 975+ rated players, or players that have played 50 to 100+ courses, or any KCFDC club officers involved? No biggy, just wondering.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2008, 03:33:24 PM »

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »
the test run was to show the parks and rec of Lee's Summit that if they didn't cut the fairways wider, hundreds of discs would be lost.

dan coffman was out there, his rating ain't too shabby.  jake bowen also came out, i believe his rating is/was pretty high at one time.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »
idk, yes, idk

What does this mean?
you asked three questions in your post

his answers to the three in order were idk ( i don't know ), yes, idk ( i don't know)

dclabe

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »
Just a little curious about the "dry run" that was played. Were there any 975+ rated players, or players that have played 50 to 100+ courses, or any KCFDC club officers involved? No biggy, just wondering.
Jake Bowen, Brian Palmer, John Theiss, Doug Kroll, Brandon Elkins, and Dan Coffman were the participants for the dry run.  Jake threw some bombs....including putting one with 30' on #6 (500' + hole).  Even with multiple spotters we lost several disc, most holes were not actually completed, and it tooks over 3 hours to "play" 15 holes.  I know Steve Casey had to come away with a greater appreciation of why more of the course needs to be mowed, especially when you consider that his target audience is the recreational player.  Lance Dwyer has probably played the course more than anyone but he couldn't be there Saturday, so I played some holes with him on Thursday to get his feedback.  Holes #13 and #15 have standing water in the landingzones on the fairways.  There's a couple of rock and earthen dams on these fairways that were installed when they built the shelters.  These dams will need to be removed for these holes to be viable (even then I have questions because these holes in essence utilize the same fairway).  Also, one of the constaints that we're working with is to utilize the current teepad locations......