Author Topic: Legacy Park Course in Lee's Summit  (Read 21692 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Park Course in Lee's Summit
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »
Just a little curious about the "dry run" that was played. Were there any 975+ rated players, or players that have played 50 to 100+ courses, or any KCFDC club officers involved? No biggy, just wondering.

Per the LSPR Dept request, they did not want a lot of people to show up, only those who received "an invite" to "drive/follow/putt" thru the course, receiving feedback in return.  And LSPR received very very good feedback in return from those individuals who participated, who I feel "Are Qualified" to provide valuable feedlback and paid for it "in multiple lost disc's".... AND we used spotters too.

I still feel a lil peeved I lost disc's for two fellow players spotting for them.  They flew right over my head and landed within 30 yards of me, and we still couldn't find them.  Sorry fella's...

So I'm a'wondering what bark u trying to bark here, maybe ur trying to bite instead?  If so...MUZZLE IT!!! ;););)

Not barking. I was just curious is all cause I hadn't heard about it. Chappy and/or Rick would have been a good source of input as well, but I suppose there could only be a small group.

Good job guys. Can't wait to try it when the city gets it all done.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »
Just a little curious about the "dry run" that was played. Were there any 975+ rated players, or players that have played 50 to 100+ courses, or any KCFDC club officers involved? No biggy, just wondering.

Per the LSPR Dept request, they did not want a lot of people to show up, only those who received "an invite" to "drive/follow/putt" thru the course, receiving feedback in return.  And LSPR received very very good feedback in return from those individuals who participated, who I feel "Are Qualified" to provide valuable feedlback and paid for it "in multiple lost disc's".... AND we used spotters too.

I still feel a lil peeved I lost disc's for two fellow players spotting for them.  They flew right over my head and landed within 30 yards of me, and we still couldn't find them.  Sorry fella's...

So I'm a'wondering what bark u trying to bark here, maybe ur trying to bite instead?  If so...MUZZLE IT!!! ;););)

Not barking. I was just curious is all cause I hadn't heard about it. Chappy and/or Rick would have been a good source of input as well, but I suppose there could only be a small group.

Good job guys. Can't wait to try it when the city gets it all done.

I couldn't be there for the dry run.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »
Jake Bowen, Brian Palmer, John Theiss, Doug Kroll, Brandon Elkins, and Dan Coffman were the participants for the dry run.  Jake threw some bombs....including putting one with 30' on #6 (500' + hole).  Even with multiple spotters we lost several disc, most holes were not actually completed, and it tooks over 3 hours to "play" 15 holes.  I know Steve Casey had to come away with a greater appreciation of why more of the course needs to be mowed, especially when you consider that his target audience is the recreational player.  Lance Dwyer has probably played the course more than anyone but he couldn't be there Saturday, so I played some holes with him on Thursday to get his feedback.  Holes #13 and #15 have standing water in the landingzones on the fairways.  There's a couple of rock and earthen dams on these fairways that were installed when they built the shelters.  These dams will need to be removed for these holes to be viable (even then I have questions because these holes in essence utilize the same fairway).  Also, one of the constaints that we're working with is to utilize the current teepad locations......

Two holes using the same fairway? Sort of a combination of disc golf and guts?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »
must resist Tom.....stop....let them work it........
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
new update as of 11/4..the front 9 has been mowed out very wide.  baskets are still not in.

a few of the holes on the back have also been mowed, but the city is currently exploring options on how to dry up the swampy sections in the fairways of the 13th and 15th holes.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2008, 09:43:12 AM »
Here's a course with baskets and no teepads.  They seem to be doing all right...

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2008, 10:33:14 AM »
Horshoe Canyon Ranch. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:35:11 AM by Schoen-hopper »

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
Horshoe Canyon Ranch. 

Is anyone heading to Jasper, ARK for the tourney there this weekend? Man, oh man, does that ever look inviting  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Loomis

« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »
arkansas.... hmmmmmm.... tell me more.....

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »
leaving thursday!!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »
Played Horse shoe 3 weeks ago and it was pretty hairy even by its own standards. Still a great course and a great time.
Jim Sherwood

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
Leaving Friday!  I wish I could find some other pics out on the internet of this course, because it's truly breathtaking.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
Sorry, I meant other pics.  Those pics don't really do the course justice (even though they show some nice scenery.  And people wondered why I grumbled when I left NWA).

upa14er

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2008, 08:19:18 AM »
When is a new area for Legacy Park discussion going to be created, like the other courses?  Curious to know the status (mowed, etc.).

Still fairly new and I'm trying to play all the different KC courses.  Played 3 (Rosedale, Water Works, and Swope) and part of Down Under (%&$#^).  Going to try adding Shawnee Mission and Wyandotte next Tues, and maybe the two Blue Valley courses on Thanksgiving or Friday after.