Author Topic: Mulch Madness  (Read 2410 times)

going-long

Mulch Madness
« on: January 23, 2008, 03:06:37 PM »
Hey P Hill course players. I am going to bring my mulch machine to the park either on saturday or Sunday. If anybody wants to help gather dead branches so they can be mulched let me know. I think some mulch around the tee pads will be helpful and will cut down on dirty tee pads. Also it will clean up the park a little bit and clear out some of the dead branches laying around.

Narin

dclabe

Re: Mulch Madness
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
I'll help...might even have Brandon too.  Let me know when.....

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mulch Madness for Rosie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »
Dudes, we need mulch at Rosie for the ICE BOWL.  It is going to get tore up. I think we need to mulch out there or put down some straw.  I would be glad to help any time on Saturday and would stay till it was done.    Rosie needs to be preped for the cattle drive of golfers.

Who has extra hay bales and lets mulch Rosie or out out some hay. 

John Theiss

going-long

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »
Um I was talking about mulching P Hill, since Im prob not playing in the ice bowl I am not going to put all the energy into a course and a tournament that im not going to participate in. NOT TO BE RUDE

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »
Nobody is reading these posts anyway and you know that i already know that you are rude.  It isnt a waist of time if it helps keep the course nice.  I just cant do it by myself since i do not have a truck or trailor. 

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
I feel your pain John...thanks for the great idea about Rosie. My advice...get there early on Sunday before it thaws out too much. Good luck...wish I lived by Pleasant Valley or I'd come help you with your mulch efforts on Saturday.

Dan
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

going-long

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »
kiss my mulching butt theiss........if i lived closer i would definitely help, and if I was playing in the 53 degree (ice) bowl i would help for sure. WHERE IS THE COURSE DIRECTOR ON THIS ISSUE>>>>>>>,,,,,,,,,,I VOTE JOHN THEISS NEW ROSIE COURSE DIRECTOR

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 04:41:09 PM »
kiss my mulching butt theiss........if i lived closer i would definitely help, and if I was playing in the 53 degree (ice) bowl i would help for sure. WHERE IS THE COURSE DIRECTOR ON THIS ISSUE>>>>>>>,,,,,,,,,,I VOTE JOHN THEISS NEW ROSIE COURSE DIRECTOR
Now Narin, you are so sassy.  I am just looking to get some people interested in helping me drop some mulch or hay.  That is all.  I know that you help and you have helped me at Yates before, but the course coordinator at Rosie has been off the radar.  The baskets have not been moved in months, and some works needs to be done out there, so I just wanted to do something to  help the course. 

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 07:41:16 AM »
Because of the weather I'll hopefully be pouring concrete Sat. morning. But I could pick up some mulch in PHill Sat. late afternoon and bring it to good ol' Rosie early Sunday and toss it around.  (Rosie Tossin it around Ha Ha)
                                                                                             Lance(816) 807-2619
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

going-long

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 10:16:30 AM »
HEY DAN, IM GOING TO BE OUT AT P HILL ON SATURDAY AT ABOUT 11. I WILL PROBABLY PLAY A ROUND THEN WORK ON THE MULCHING PROCESS. I WILL PROBABLY WORK OUT THERE ON SUNDAY TOO SINCE THE WEATHER IS GOING TO BE NICE.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 12:40:14 PM »
Lance, depending on how late you work on Saturday, I will be at Rosie that afternoon putting down mulch.  The two piles at Rosie should be enough.   I checked last night.  Joe Engeleman has a truck so we are set up to do it.  If you are interested or anyone else, give me a call.  Bring a shovel, pitch fork, rake.

816 739 9361

John Theiss

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 02:33:49 PM »
Not sure if you've done this before but something that makes spreading mulch a lot easier is to take an old tarp big enough to overflow the truck bed and shovel the mulch into the tarp. Then when you reach your destination pull the tarp from the cab of the truck to unload the mulch all at once then you just have to spread it. Or you can slide the tarp from the tailgate to unload portions at a time rather than scooping it. this helps prevent making a mess of the truck bed. This has worked well for me in the past but will pretty much ruin the tarp for much else. You may already know of this method, just thought I'd share in case you don't.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »
I've busted my butt many a time shoveling mulch.  I wish I would have used a tarp!  The amount of mulch I was puting in the bed was so much that I doubt any number of people would have been able to slide it out.  Maybe a couple of tarps would work best?

going-long

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 09:59:59 AM »
hey dan,
i tried to mulch that big load of wood, but my mulcher would not start. I had to take it home and work on it. It works now so i will go mulch that stuff on tuesday. So if you see that pile down by hole one, dont move it or anything. I will mulch it up dude.

Oh ya.....nice ace last sunday...........