Author Topic: Rosey's Wishlist  (Read 2639 times)

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Rosey's Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »
When is the optimum time to spred seed. Someone, a long time ago told me do it in the snow? Then when it melts, it stays really moist. That kind of sounds right, but I am no expert.

WHo is good with grass?

And, who is in charge of signs? I have a good friend at SeeMore Signs on Wornall that could make some permanent signs.

Mikey

I would suggest preparing a seed bed first. It's not too earily to start that, but the cold temps and snow might slow that process down a bit.......
Mike Penney

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 07:06:57 AM »
I like your idea Mike of keeping the front 9 closed and then switching it.  To do this we would need total support from the club, the city and the Rosedale league that would have to either take a long hiatus, play Down Under, or combo DU and the remaining 9 holes.

Great ideas flowing here!

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

mikey141414

• Novice Poster
  • bag tag #121
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »
I'll do my part and NOT play today. You have my word. :-\

Mikey
Crush
Beast
Roc
Buzzz
X-Putter

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
I thought that at one time we yanked all the pins before for course therapy, this was several years ago if my memory serves me well. We had planted seed out there before too on different holes. There is so much traffic out there that when it reopens everything gets trampled back down without maturing enough or gets wet and sod gets tore up
Creeking sounds of a door opening!!!!
Steven Disc Glover

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 10:37:55 AM »
Listen guys, this takes people getting organized as a group to volunteer to do the things necessary. Contact the course coordinator telling that you want to volunteer to help on a certain project. Hopefully the CC will call you when that project is getting ready to happen. There can be problems of people not being available when the work days are scheduled but as long as you inform the CC what you are planning to work on and get his ok I would think you could proceed and keep receipts for expenses.
Steven Disc Glover

mikey141414

• Novice Poster
  • bag tag #121
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »
Alright...
hey Dennis!! I want help on any certain project!!

Have you thought about where you want to start at Rosey? Grass seems pretty important and the right time of the season (in a little while). Stairs, signs, mulch, pin placements, whatever..... let's put together some ideas for the upcoming months.

Mikey
Crush
Beast
Roc
Buzzz
X-Putter

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
http://www.purdue.edu/dp/envirosoft/lawn/src/grass/seed.htm

ecellent reading............should help with the planning.... ???
Mike Penney

davetv81

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 02:27:17 PM »
I don't like the idea of closing courses.  Rosedale has enough pin placements that if changed often enough, it shouldn't get torn up as fast.   ball golf course change pin placements quite often during heavy play periods for just that reason.  might not be the ideal solution but it costs nothing other than time and I believe it would help tremendously.   

maybe move the basket and throw out some grass seed at the old position when possible.