Author Topic: Rosedale Walkthrough 2-16-08  (Read 1698 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Rosedale Walkthrough 2-16-08
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:47:28 PM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Dennis Freeman and I am your new Rosedale Course Coordinator for 2008.  It looks like there is a lot of energy available to shower KC's favorite course with lots of love.  We are off to a good start with ideas, and plans to make Rosedale a better course for 2008 and for the 2009 Worlds competitions.  What I would like to do is have a group of dedicated and inspired people come out to the park on February 16th at 3:00pm to do a hole by hole walk through of sorts.

I need to have feedback from people, and visual ideas of what needs to be done, and what we'd like to get done on paper so I can present the EC with our group's ideas on the 20th at the first 2008 EC Meeting (held at DGW, contact Rick for full details).  We also need to come up with a catchy name for our group of supporters like the Rosedale Restoration Society or something.  I hope to see many of you there!

-Dennis  :)

Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rosedale Walkthrough 2-16-08
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:55:25 PM »
Great idea, and nine days ahead should be ample notification for most of those interested in seeing the Rosedale course be its best.  Everybody has an opinion about what should be done to improve the course, and this sounds like a great opportunity for the most people to participate in shaping that vision for Rosedale's restoration.   
Jim Sherwood

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:12:04 PM »
All in!
Mike Penney

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:36 PM »
Dennis, way to  get on top of this.  I am sure that you have some ideas already, are you planning on putting this dedicated group to work that day?  If we have that man power there, we might as well do what we can.  Do a walk through or discussion, and then tackle some of the minor issues.  We could do some similar work around some of the pads/benches that was done last year around hole 2 and hole 14 with the railroad ties and gravel. You let me know and I will bring some tools.

I am excited to see you getting folks fired up, getting them involved with feedback, and inspiring them to come out and lend a hand.  

John Theiss

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
I called John Buckle. Both of us will try and be there.
Steven Disc Glover

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 06:45:10 AM »
Reminder we are still planning on doing the walkthrough this Saturday.  It's supposed to be fairly warm that day.  As far as doing some work out there John I honestly hadn't really planned on it but of course if there is some stuff that we could get done while we have a group, and everyone wants to work by all means lets do it.  I don't know how long our discussion will last and we're still fighting for more daylight, so if it's ok let's play that by ear.

Thanks,

Dennis

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »
Sounds good.  If anyone knows of any immediate fixes I am ready to help.

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 02:21:26 AM »
I'm too new to the scene to have a real say, but I will ask my group of golf buddies about the course. We play it about 2 - 3 times a week. We are always talking about the course, I will report back with any ideas that we might have!

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
Dennis,
I was wondering if you could start the walk through after down under league is over. It should be done by 4:30. If not I will try and see if you are out there somewhere.
Steven Disc Glover

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
Rosedale Restoration Society...

Might be the wrong word there...

Restoration makes me think of old, run down and not used.

Maybe...

Rosedale Preservation Society.

The basic idea is there, you just have to spruce it up and encourage all others that use the park to share our same commitment to keep it that way.

Maybe I over thought this too much because I liked the direction you were going. I hope to be there Saturday...going to Kid Rock on Sunday...might not get 2 days away from the warden.

Dan
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:34:21 PM by Lefty2 »
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »

Rosedale Preservation Society.

Dan

Sounds gooood to me. 8)
Mike Penney

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 05:50:52 PM »
I vote Rosedale Preservation Society!!!
Steven Disc Glover

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »
I like that name too!  Even though doing a restoration doesn't mean it has to be completely run down :) Preservation may be just what Rosedale needs. 

Glover, I'm sorry but the meeting has been scheduled for almost two weeks at 3 and I'd hate to change it now.  If the DU league runs until 4:30 we are probably still going to be around so you could still participate if you wish.

Thanks,

Dennis