Author Topic: Rosedale Workday March 15th 2008 **Canceled**  (Read 1600 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Rosedale Workday March 15th 2008 **Canceled**
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »
What:  Rosedale Work Day
When:  March 15th 2008 10am - 1pm
Who:  Everyone I hope

If you can plan on attending that would be wonderful.  Plans are to have a crew finish spreading out the rest of the Mulch on some of the more muddier areas.  Crews with chainshaws will be doing some trimming of trees, especially the ones with the sharp needles on them.  The rest of us will be starting to clean up the deadwood off the fairways in the woods.

I'm hoping to have a definite answer as to where we can stage all this wood, for chipping, but the idea is to help produce our own mulch instead of buying it.  I'll be updating this post after the EC meeting and perhaps a talk with Parks and Rec. 

Please remember to bring gloves, and safety glasses especially if you are planning to operate any kind of mechanical tools.  Rakes, shovels, pickaxes, chainsaws, handsaws any type of tool you think would be useful bring it.  Anyone who has a truck is always welcome.

It's going to be a great year at Rosedale and I hope to see you all out there!

-Dennis

Edited to March 15th.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:25:34 PM by DJayhawk »
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
Re: Rosedale Workday March 1st 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »
This sounds great!  When will we have a work day for Down Under?  I'd really like to contribute to that course.  Who's in!
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:03 AM »
I think Jay is in charge of that course.  He discussed some plans last night at the EC, but I'm not sure if he's got anything scheduled.  I think there's traditionally been a work day before/after the DUI, which is coming next month.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:08 AM »
Workdays haev been at the Down Under the day before.  I would encourage you to talk with Jay, and get some of that work done, gasp, prior to the DUI would be great.  The firts thing that comes to my mind is removal of the trash down there, then some charging of the pads, and building of the benches, fixing the stairs on #16.....bridge on #8......And the band played on......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »
Well, I'll look for updates on this.  But if anyone is taking #'s of people helping out down there, include me.
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »
Update to a date change!!!  I would like to move the workday to the 15th of March.  I need a little more time getting some of things we talked about at the EC meeting ready before I have a full workforce out there.  I hope this doesn't affect too many people, and I'm sorry if it does.  I plan on having at least one workday per month this year so keep your eyes out for this forum.

Thanks,

Dennis

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rosedale Workday March 15th 2008
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 04:09:26 PM »
Is there anyone with a truck that is planning on being at the work day?  If so I could probably get another load or two of mulch dropped off this week.

Some of the plans are to get a count and perhaps put to use the Rail Road ties we currently have off of #2's tee.

Spread more mulch and maybe some of that rock dust stuff.

Start cleaning up all the dead limbs that have been for years just pushed off the fairway into the woods.

Anyone else have anything they'd like to see get done this week?

Thanks,
Dennis

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Rosedale Workday March 15th 2008
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:54:56 PM »
I'm sorry for the last minute change but due to some much needed work (that I get paid for) I have to cancel the Saturday workday. 

We'll be having another mini-workday in the next couple weeks or early April.

Again I do apologize, and thanks for your support.

-Dennis