Author Topic: SMP League Night  (Read 6155 times)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: SMP League Night
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
That's cool that Dick went to clown school. My aunt went to clown school and they gave her a clown name. It was Margo the Clown or something like that.

What's your clown name Dick? Do tell..... ???

But what's all this got to do with getting a league started at SMP?
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
Are there any interested parties in league out at SMP?  Any other folks work in the JO and have a great fondness for this wild piece of land?  I think the question was posed and not answered earlier.

Dirk, what says the CC?

I vote for Wednesday, as that is the one and only day that works for me.  The BTD is a selfish prick.

Let us all chime in and figure out a good day.

before the discussion deteriorated into  Dick, clown school and some other nonsense, we were talking about SMP leagues....
Anyone interested? We seemed to be headed towards Tuesdays to balance against Swope on the other side of town.
Thoughts...anyone?
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 09:37:27 PM »
Can't exchange money there.  Hard to run a no money league.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2009, 10:26:45 PM »
More details to follow.  Right now we need to have someone "run" league, Dirk is responsible for finding that person.  The other thing is that this would have to depart from the standard league format that many are accustomed to in KC, and be more of an actual "league" rather than "mini" night.  You would have to pony up for a league season, my suggestion was $50=12weeks of league, gives you 2 nights for free, or to miss and then you have payouts at the end of the 12 weeks, this would allow for 2 league seasons.  You could also very easily make this a doubles league, $100/team, you have to play with your partner in 7 weeks, and you get the best 10 scores (bring your own partner) for the team.  So if something came up you could have "subs" and not get punished, but the majority of the scoring would be you and your partner....

My suggestion was given a long time ago, but I really could care less what is decided.  It is the closest to work for me, and I may play in a doubles deal, I doubt I would hold myself accountable in a singles league there....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 09:38:20 AM »
More details to follow.  Right now we need to have someone "run" league, Dirk is responsible for finding that person.  The other thing is that this would have to depart from the standard league format that many are accustomed to in KC, and be more of an actual "league" rather than "mini" night.  You would have to pony up for a league season, my suggestion was $50=12weeks of league, gives you 2 nights for free, or to miss and then you have payouts at the end of the 12 weeks, this would allow for 2 league seasons.  You could also very easily make this a doubles league, $100/team, you have to play with your partner in 7 weeks, and you get the best 10 scores (bring your own partner) for the team.  So if something came up you could have "subs" and not get punished, but the majority of the scoring would be you and your partner....

My suggestion was given a long time ago, but I really could care less what is decided.  It is the closest to work for me, and I may play in a doubles deal, I doubt I would hold myself accountable in a singles league there....

Hmm.  If this doesn't get done at SMP, I may look at doing it at Swope.  I was planning to mix up the league out there anyway, and something like this may be fun to try for 10-12 weeks.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 12:03:16 PM »
Leave it to someone from Swope to try and change things.....You would need to talk with everyone about a change like that Timko....this makes sense in JoCo b/c of the rules.  MO lets us do as we want, which is better.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »
He said...
MO lets us do as we want, which is better.....

~Pin High~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:38 PM »
Not only that but Swope is full of "Old Schoolers".  You better see what they think of it first.  Most of them still are rumbling about the Rock OBs. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 03:45:15 PM »
Not only that but Swope is full of "Old Schoolers".  You better see what they think of it first.  Most of them still are rumbling about the Rock OBs. 

Watch it there buddy... If anybody wants to brave the westbound I-435 traffic in the evening, let 'em  ::)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »

Watch it there buddy... If anybody wants to brave the westbound I-435 traffic in the evening, let 'em  ::)
[/quote]

It's about as bad as eastbound 435!!!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »

Then they can run for CC.   ;D

I do have some ideas that I'll look at possibly implementing in the summer, but not until talking with the EC about it.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »
I guess so.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:41 PM »
Why is it that we can't do it the same format at SMP that we do at the other KS courses?
PDGA 39363

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »
JoCo will not allow the exchange of $$ within the park.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »
As stated there are some payment issues and formats to work out since we cant take money in the park.  We are getting tee pads and new placements set over the next month or so and I will be very focused on the installation process. To me it makes since to get the pads and locations in before starting leagues since we are in the midst of the process.

If there is any one in the community who would like to step up and volunteer to run league at SMP this summer, that would show some significant interest in getting the ball rolling.

We really need new blood to help keep the sport growing with our expansion of club leagues and courses. As we continue to install new courses and expand the event schedule we can not keep leaning on the same people year in and year out to commit to organization. It wears people down and burns them out even if they start with the best intentions. KCFDC needs a reliable individual who is committed to showing up each Tuesday to record and maintain stats. I have yet to coordinate with anyone who agrees to this commitment, but I haven't asked many people either. I'm sure the support is out there.

So is there anyone interested in stepping up? PM me or reply here.