Author Topic: SMP League Night  (Read 6262 times)

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SMP League Night
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »
you guys needs to be careful even discussing stuff like this in an open forum.

gotta play by their rules.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »
Palmer is correct. You never know who is reading this board.

I would suggest whoever runs it needs to be there by 5:45 signing players up for a 6:00 tee.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »
I removed the post. Sorry.
PDGA 39363

Loomis

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
Who's talking to the Park people? If the issue is a simple money exchange inside the park, then how come we don't fall under the same rules as the people who pay to run in the triathalon that is held in the park? Or the people who pay for the 3:2 baseball? Has it been communicated to the park officials that some of the money we collect is used for the course?

And while I'm going on...

What is the boundary of the park?

savagesam

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 09:06:04 PM »
Just guessing here. 3&2 property doesn't belong to Johnson County and besides there is no payout. As far as the triathalon goes JCP takes in money but does not payout. Maybe you win a medal or some other prize. The key point is they have their own police force. If gambling is prohibited you don't go to the park officials to discuss the issue because it's already beeen decided. All you are doing is alerting those concerned that there is something amiss. Much better to meet at Barley's for a beer before and after to discuss the the points so and so earned.
"ROC N ROLL"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »
No.. You should meet at Stonewall Inn.  They are holding the party for disc golfers and they have good beer too.  Maybe 90 less than Barelys but still good :).
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »
No.. You should meet at Stonewall Inn.  They are holding the party for disc golfers and they have good beer too.  Maybe 90 less than Barelys but still good :).

Good call DP - the Stonewall Rocks!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »
Who's talking to the Park people? If the issue is a simple money exchange inside the park, then how come we don't fall under the same rules as the people who pay to run in the triathalon that is held in the park? Or the people who pay for the 3:2 baseball? Has it been communicated to the park officials that some of the money we collect is used for the course?

And while I'm going on...

What is the boundary of the park?

If you would have read all the posts, you realize that the CC has been talking with them, I have been talking with them, and we CAN NOT RUN LEAGUES AS HAVE BEEN THE NORM.

There needs to be someone to do the following:
1)Committ to running the league
2)Work on a plan to develop "league play" not our Mini-tourney format popular in the KC Area
3)Work with the EC to ensure that the plan is ok for all disc golfers
4)Work with the EC to ensure that the JoCo folks are ok with the proposal, night, land use, and activities
5)Develop a strong night to make it happen, and achieve local participation to increase awareness of the efforts of the club over the last 6 years to develop this property, and not to engage in activity that would thwart that effort that many have spent countless hours to harness develop, and infuse within the park, through leadership changes, and economic changes, we have maintained a positive work flow with them, losing it over a silly little thing like a "league" that you have become accustomed to is foolish, so think outside of the box.

I have given a few suggestions, but I will not be running any leagues, I would possibly play a few times, but nothing serious, even though this course is less than 5 minutes from the office for me.  I'd rather play in the trash and dumped debris.  But then that feels like home to me, and I am of course very weird......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »
Why not move new players league (FREE) to SMP, and maybe the top five players with the best average improvement over the season get a nice gift certificate to DGW or something similar (KC Kash) which is donated by the club as an incetive to bring more players into "the scene"?

Or you pay a entry fee and all those moneys turn into KC Kash or something?

NO I WILL NOT RUN IT, but just an idea.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Big Sky

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:34 AM »
How about something similar to what is happening at Legacy? Has JCPR or the city of Lenexa expressed any interest in running a league of their own?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
Not calling you out Doug, just putting it out there for everyone to see.  My suggestion was given to Dirk, and I have not seen a response from him.  I have many more other disc golf related issues to worry about this year than starting a new league.

This was more of an ideal list of what has to happen to make it work than a callilng out of anyone.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"