Author Topic: 2007 KC Spring Bushwhacker League - Now moved to Monday!  (Read 2153 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
2007 KC Spring Bushwhacker League - Now moved to Monday!
« on: March 10, 2008, 04:08:21 PM »
After some deliberation, I have come up with the schedule/format for this 1st ever Bushwacker league in Kansas City.  Vitals are as follows.

• League will run for 7 weeks.
  • We play on Monday.
  • Dates are from April 7 to May 21.
  • Each week costs $5.  $4 of that goes into the payout, and $1 goes to the club.  Ace fund is $1 and optional.  The entire $35 is due before you start play the 1st week!
  • As mentioned before, this is a handicapped league.  You will be randomly assigned a partner at the beginning of the league, and this partner will be your partner for the duration of the league.
  • Handicaps will be established on 80% of 48.  This means if you shoot a 58, your handicap will be 8.
  • Please attempt to make it to all the league nights.  In case you can't show up, you may elect to have someone outside the league sub for you.  Note that the reason I picked a really low scratch score (48) was to deter people as much as possible from doing this.  If you have a sub, they will play at scratch and have no handicap.
  • This league will travel from course to course.  Tentative schedule will be:
    • Swope
    • Rosedale (course to be determined by how many people play there that week)
    • Waterworks
    • Cliff Drive
    • Olathe
    • Shawnee Mission Park
    • Legacy Park (hopefully)
  • All money will pay out at the end of the league.  We will pay the top 4 teams.  I mentioned the payout breakdown in the original thread, you can look at it there
  • For this trial run of 7 weeks, I want to start small.  So only 8 teams.  16 players.

I think that's it for the information that I need to get out right now.  So, if you're game, please pm me and reserve your spot.  Get the word out during leagues this week, and hopefully we'll fill this thing by weeks end!

More information to come. 

-chris
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:04:13 AM by Furthur »

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 KC Spring Bushwhacker League
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:45:01 PM »
So I have yet to hear from any of the people who were really pushing this league to be played on Wednesday instead of Monday.  Are any of those people planning to play, or were you just raising a fuss?

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:21:15 AM »
Wednesdays don't work well for me, I was hoping for Thursday or weekend.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:09:47 AM by Andy »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
Mondays were better for me.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »
Then it's getting moved to Mondays then.  Sorry Andy, but Thursdays weren't even brought up as something people were interested in during the entire discussion about this.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 KC Spring Bushwhacker League - Now moved to Monday!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:12:24 AM »
I can be in as long as we start at 6.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »
I was one of the people pushing for it not to be on Monday. I wasn't just "raising a fuss" as was suggested I was simply bringing up the obvious.... there are currently two scheduled gatherings on Mondays (Olathe league and New Players league). I also pointed out that with the large numbers of players at Rosedale league, it wouldn't neccesarily be a bad thing if the Bushwackers league took some of the crowd away.

I was going to get in on Wednesday's, but I think I'll pass now. Thanks anyway.

It does sound like fun, and, keep up the good work.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 12:43:26 PM »
Tom, I know that it's interfering with Olathe league, but so far, sign up hasn't been that big yet.

Jack, we'll start at 6.

Sweet.  13 spots now open.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »
Chris, you may want to consider flyers and such to get the word out before you start changing things to get more people interested, 2 days on this website is not going to yield much response from anyone, typically it's the normal handful of people that use this site, which a majority of that handful are not the people you will typically see on the courses.

I just think you are asking alot out of an internet forum in the duration of 2 days.

I'm not complaining about changes and such, just simply letting you know what I have ran into in the past using this website.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 02:44:21 PM »
Andy does bring up a good point, though in all honesty this is not something that maybe you want to post, as it is only for the first 16 people that get it.

Dick is in now that is on Mondays.

As far ass Wednesday taking away from people, I think that all leagues will have to be looked at as losing some people for this league.  I really think that Olathe last year probably averaged as many players as Rosedale did over the entire season, so I am not sure that the statement holds true in that regards.  Swope and Cliff Drive were the two most lax in attendance last year based on my views.

New Players League is not something that will draw the type of person that this league is looking for I believe as well.  I think that this league is going to draw from the more experienced golfers that are looknig to expand some competition.

Of course this is my own random thoughts.

This also sux in some regards, because I need to move the Worlds meetings to Mondays, but it should only affect me a couple of times during this season of 7 weeks.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:50:15 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
Can a list of entrants be shown here?

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
Tom, I'll attempt to get a list up this weekend. 

Andy, I do agree I got a bit agitated.  But this thread already had 30+ views from people, and I had one person ask me about joining.  I heard nothing from the Olathe people that Tom had mentioned in the EC meeting.  There were no responses to the thread, so I was attempting to generate some sort of dialog. 

There were 6 people who voted for Mondays as well.  I haven't had 6 people tell me they are interested. 

It's just irritating that I'm really trying to make a commitment of my time and resources to bring something new into KC, and while I can generate some dialog with people about the possibility of having a new league, no one seems to want to step up and say they'll commit. 

BTW, we're up to 127 views on this thread.  So there's a few people who've seen this for sure.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 07:31:13 AM »
You can't use the views as an acurate count either, everytime you, or anyone else reads this thread it counts as a view, so if you have opened this thread 15 times, that counts as 15 views, so just with the 4-5 people that have been posting that could count as 50 of the views atleast.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »
I'm in! How many do we have?
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
So far, only 5 :(.

Myself
Jack
Dick Parker (so Jack says)
Jim Sherwood
CD

So come on people!  Sign up!