Author Topic: Throwin Wobblers  (Read 5284 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Throwin Wobblers
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
oh probably. i think steve just knows his firebirds really well.

if he can throw a buzz effectively apparently he has touch.  he's definitely got some power.  i might recommend a star starfire to him; they're WAY more stable than the pro starfires, have good glide and seem less squirrelly than wraiths and destroyers.  a buddy of mine w/ a big arm bombs the heck out of these.

The pro starfire is the same mold as the Star SL.  The Star Starfire is the X Mold.  Sprague said he liked throwing them into headwinds.

Honestly, Steve, I think you should throw old CE Teebirds (not TL's; you'll have to look at the wing because they both have teebird stamps) or Star Teebirds.  Very straight, and I think he could learn to hyzer flip those and just crush 'em on some sick line drives.

Also, something like the new XCaliber or Force by Discraft may be up your alley.  Super fast, and pretty stable.

Nathan Lang

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »
Thanks to everbody who replied I see I need to practice a lot more when I get on my feet again about everything I am doing wrong has been mentioned especially dropping of the shoulders and gripping to tight the only thing I question is rolling of the wrist. Don't you want the wrist to roll? I do throw rightbackhand and speed of disc must be a factor cause my favorites are an Eagle and a Valkyre since been throwing a lot can't hardly throw a Shark with any accuracy any more.

So I take it based on this post, it was the Shark that was WoBbLinG? One of my first discs was a Shark and I quit throwing it because it was wobbling everytime I tried to drive it (thought this was because it got some teeth marks from my dog. I suppose that could still be part of the reason)

Anyway, while I wouldn't tee off with it anymore, I recently I started using that Shark for throws 150 ft or less and it's incredible how accurate it can be for approach shots (thanks Bob)

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 07:41:08 PM »
i brought out some of my teebirds and they flip over way too easily,   i need to find the fine line of how to release them,,,,,   thanks all for the criticism
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

Keizer

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
I have a couple Tee Birds (a Pro and a Tee Bird "L", whatever that is), and they both flip too easily for me as well. I throw a forehand drive so that might be a factor.

Furthur, what's the deal with the different molds? Why would a Pro and Star Starfires be made from different molds? I thought it was only the polymers that were different? Just curious is all...

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
There is no disc more different in the same model than a pro and champ starfire. 

SL's, like TL's have a leopard bottom, which gives them more low speed glide, but they turn over easier.  More understable.  Totally different disc.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 06:29:34 AM »
my star sl flips right very easy and has since it was brand new.  and i have no arm......

it's not what i would call a stable disc.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 09:36:53 AM »
There is no disc more different in the same model than a pro and champ starfire. 

SL's, like TL's have a leopard~LIKE bottom, which gives them more low speed glide, but they turn over easier.  More understable.  Totally different disc.

GLOW~emphasis mine.  The "L" stands for less-stable...and is somewhat Leopard-like.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »

SL's, like TL's have a leopard~LIKE bottom, which gives them more low speed glide, but they turn over easier.  More understable.  Totally different disc.

GLOW~emphasis mine.  The "L" stands for less-stable...and is somewhat Leopard-like.

Correct.  The difference between the L and the X mold is the concavity of the lip (look at an SX and an SL), and, in the case of a lot of the fairway drivers, a bead or notch (the T and TL is a bead, the EL and EX is a notch).