Author Topic: Throwin Wobblers  (Read 5163 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Throwin Wobblers
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »
A Flat E Spirit is probably the most stable driver I've ever thrown.

Steve, what about Predators?  I bet they're straighter in the high speed portion of their flight than you're looking for.  A Z Pred may be what you're after. 

Other than that, there's the Max, the RexX (still not stable enough for you), the new XCaliber, and the Discraft Force.  I've not thrown any of those new molds because they're too stable for me, but may work for you.

Sly

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »
You could buy some new Firebirds...

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 02:12:20 PM »
Or he could learn to throw a normal disc like the rest of us :D.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »
I am currently looking to try a new disc other than my original CE Firebirds because they S too easliy now..  Any suggestions :)

Try Aerobie, I hear they make good discs....   ::)

Heck an upside down pie tin may fly better than a Firebird.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
funny  funny    10000 comedians out of work and half of them play disc.     thanks for the real advise   i'll have to try one of them
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »
so you looking to get rid of any of those CE firebirds?  hmmmmmm?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

i've been bugging you about those discs for quite a while now dresser

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 09:38:14 PM »
i'm still not completely sure about getting rid of them  but i am looking for a chance to improve my game... we can work something out for 1 or 2 of them   just tell me the weight and style and i'll see what i have
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »
Steve, I know you throw a lot of turnovers.  Why don't you throw hyzer flips?  You could throw less stable plastic (like the Rex), and bomb them I bet.  They would also fly on a lot straighter lines.

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »
i'll have to try that thanks
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395

kohjahk

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 09:20:18 AM »
Heck an upside down pie tin may fly better than a Firebird.
The last two days have been perfect examples of why the firebird exists.  The Wind.

Sly

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »
A Star Max may be a very good disc for you to try. It is at least as stable as a firebird, but much faster. You will get more distance.

However, you mentioned that you are trying to improve your game, which does not necessarily translate to more distance. If you want to improve your ability to throw any shot, then you would benefit greatly from learning to throw more understable discs on any line. This will force you to develope touch, and will improve your general accuracy tremendously. Also, if improving your game equals scoring better, then becoming a more consistant putter is probably the most important thing. This one guy has won 12 world championships, and I would guess that is because he putts better than anyone else, and is probably more accurate, too. His signature shot is a hyzer-flip up with a worn-in stable driver.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:01:59 PM by Sly »

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 01:40:33 PM »
i think dresser has got plenty of touch, as in probably a little too much touch.  he can work those ce firebirds pretty well.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
i think dresser has got plenty of touch, as in probably a little too much touch.  he can work those ce firebirds pretty well.

Do you think Steve could throw a new dx valkyrie 400'?  Without rolling it?  I've never seen him throw anything accept a firebird, a buzz, or a wizard.  Steve doesn't seem to throw a lot of hyzer flips, and I think that shot with an understable disc could  benefit his game immensely.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
oh probably. i think steve just knows his firebirds really well.

if he can throw a buzz effectively apparently he has touch.  he's definitely got some power.  i might recommend a star starfire to him; they're WAY more stable than the pro starfires, have good glide and seem less squirrelly than wraiths and destroyers.  a buddy of mine w/ a big arm bombs the heck out of these.

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »
I won a sweet Predator in Tulsa for CTP. Very stable. Anyone who sees me is very welcome to borrow/throw it.