Author Topic: JUNIORS TOURNAMENT at William Yates on MAY 10th  (Read 1902 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
JUNIORS TOURNAMENT at William Yates on MAY 10th
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:31:54 PM »
DISC  GOLF  EVENT at WILLIAM YATES ELEMENTARY
FOR CHILDREN, FAMILIES, AND BEGINNERS

WHEN:    Saturday, May 10th , 2008
   Check-in 9:30-10 am. Players meeting at 10 a.m. to go over rules.    
              A  Shotgun   Start will begin at 10:30 a.m.

WHERE:   William Yates Elementary
                3600 Davidson Road, Independence, Mo  64055
WYE is located  3 blocks West of the Independence Mall(291Hwy/470 and 39th St).  Take 39th St.  to the Davidson stoplight.  Turn North (the only way you can turn) and go two blocks and Davison ends at the school.

HOW MUCH?    $5.00, which includes a $10 value disc
LAST TOURNAMENT FILLED- you want to get pre-registered to guarantee your spot and to guarantee that we have a custom stamped  “GRIP AND RIP” disc for you.

OFFERING THREE NEW OPTIONS AT THIS TOURNEY
1. Doubles Event-Parent and child will pair up and play on the same team and play in a scramble format-take the best throw out of the two partners shots and your next shot is from the spot of the previous best throw.  However, on ODD HOLES you must use the    adult’s drive(tee off) and on EVEN HOLES you must use the child’s drive(tee off).

2. Driver Disc- We are offering light weight drivers ONLY to individuals that previously    played in our    tournament because they can be very difficult to control for the beginner.
           ***YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS ITEM BY MAY 1st ***

3. T-Shirts with GRIP and RIP logo will be offered to those that pre-register    and a limited number will be for sale the day of the tourney.   
          ***YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS ITEM BY MAY 1st ***

THE $5 PLAYERS PACKAGE FROM THE TOURNAMENT INCLUDES:
1.   A MULTI-PURPOSE DISC($10 VALUE) that is CUSTOM STAMPED WITH TOURNAMENT LOGO!
2.   RAFFLE PRIZES-must turn in scorecard after finishing one 18 hole round!
3.   CERTIFICATES   FOR   TOP  10 PLACES
              **ONLY FOR SINGLE PLAYERS NOT DOUBLES FORMAT**
4.   CTP CONTEST  “CLOSEST TO THE PIN”  AND A PUTTING CONTEST

REGISTRATION FORM
Please pre-register for the event to guarantee your spot because last year we filled the tournament.   The cost for each   participant is $5 unless you want to get an UPGRADED PLAYERS PACKAGE (due May 1st). 
 **** Each participant must be signed up below in either the SINGLES or DOUBLES DIVISON****

Single Players-$5 Entry Fee

AGE DIVISIONS:  (6 & Under),  (8 & U),  (10 & U),  (12 & U),  (15 and U),  (Adults)

School______________________________________

First and Last Name__________________________________Division_____ 

First and Last Name __________________________________Division_____ 

Doubles (Scramble Format)-Entry Fee $ 10 per team

AGE DIVISIONS:  (6 & Under),  (8 & U),  (10 & U), (12 & U),  (15 and U),  (Adults)
***When signing up for division, use the younger partners age to determine division

School ______________________________________

First and Last Name _________________________________________

First and Last Name__________________________________________Division_____                  
……………………………………………………………………………………..................................................................
BONUS PLAYER PACKAGES  pre-register by  MAY 1st
*mail to William Yates by MAY 1st  CASH ONLY PLEASE

T-SHIRT  Package   $10                                                          Youth M ___    Adult L __
   *No disc is included so mark below if  you want the
standard Multi-purpose disc that is in the basic players  package    Youth  L ____  Adult  XL ___

Driver Disc $5  Only available to experienced players                                 ______

Extra Multi-purpose Disc $5                                                                _________
………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................

$ TOTAL = _________   

If YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL ME AT jtheiss@bssd.net     -I can send you an official registration form

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: JUNIORS TOURNAMENT at William Yates on MAY 10th
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:02:11 PM »
1. Doubles Event-Parent and child will pair up and play on the same team and play in a scramble format-take the best throw out of the two partners shots and your next shot is from the spot of the previous best throw.  However, on ODD HOLES you must use the    adult’s drive(tee off) and on EVEN HOLES you must use the child’s drive(tee off).

I never claimed to be the smartest person so please explain this rule cause it sounds very confusing.
To me it sounds like you are saying  it is alternate shot on the drive only between the adults and the children. On the odd holes only the adults drive using the best shot and on even holes only the children drive using the best shot. Then its best shot out of the 4 after the drive. Correct??

If this is the actual rule then it should be spelled out pretty much like I worded it.
Steven Disc Glover

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:17:55 PM »
1. Doubles Event-Parent and child will pair up and play on the same team and play in a scramble format-take the best throw out of the two partners shots and your next shot is from the spot of the previous best throw.  However, on ODD HOLES you must use the    adult’s drive(tee off) and on EVEN HOLES you must use the child’s drive(tee off).

I never claimed to be the smartest person so please explain this rule cause it sounds very confusing.
To me it sounds like you are saying  it is alternate shot on the drive only between the adults and the children. On the odd holes only the adults drive using the best shot and on even holes only the children drive using the best shot. Then its best shot out of the 4 after the drive. Correct??

If this is the actual rule then it should be spelled out pretty much like I worded it.

It isn't that complicated. John's description is fine. Everyone just go about your business.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 01:26:24 PM by Nivek9 »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 01:34:19 AM »
Just say "NO" Steve!  ;)
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
Sounds like a fun format.  It makes sense the way it is written when you think about the possibility of an ace.  If either player scores an ace, I'm sure it would be recorded as a 1 on the card.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
JUNIORS TOURNAMENT at William Yates on MAY 10th - Registration anf Flyer
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:03:30 PM »
Here are links to the registration form to send in for this and a flyer to post at your local course:

Flyer:
http://www.kcfdc.org/docs/WYE_2008_TOURNAMENT_flyer.pdf

Registration form:
http://www.kcfdc.org/docs/WYE_2008_TOURNAMENT_Registration.pdf

Both in one Document:
http://www.kcfdc.org/docs/WYE_2008_TOURNAMENT.pdf
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »
Please attend this event instead of the Mighty Mo if you have any children.  My daughter has her last horse riding lesson that Saturday, and I have my mom taking care of her for the day but would otherwise blow off my own tourney to go to this.

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 07:49:11 PM »
That is a cool format, John. My wife told me about it last night after my son brought a flier home from school. She wants us to play the doubles format, but I doubt the boy is gonna want to carry me. :D

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »
I would like to thank Mike Keizer and his friends Jeremy and Dave, for volunteering their time and energy to William Yates this weekend.  We dropped in another small bridge and picked up some debris and the course is looking good for this weekends GRIP and RIP Juniors Event. 

Come on out this Saturday, May 10th and introduce someone new the game, young or old. Pair up and play doubles and teach the game to someone new.  Yates is the perfect place for beginners of all ages.  The cost is only five dollars and you get the appropriate weighted 120 gram disc for begginers.  Certificates for top 10 in each division and all junior players will walk away with a raffle prize.

A disc golf event that focuses on "Whoever has the most fun wins!".

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »
thanks for another great time at william yates.  my boys and I will look forward to this every year.

Keizer

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
Yep, my son and I had a great round as well!