Author Topic: What's your least-favorite hole?  (Read 4423 times)

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your least-favorite hole?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »
Swope: Hole 16. I have seen some amazing shots on it by people who throw incredible drives or rollers, but it annoys me, regardless if I get a 3 or 4.

H2Oworks: I hate Hole #12. It is a nicely placed hole when basket is long left or right, but I hate it.

Cliff Drive: I agree that Hole #12 is hard, but I like that.

Prairie Center: Any hole with pine trees....ha ha

Wyco: Hole #16 isn't all that great. Maybe I just need to see someone throw it really nicely.

Out of time........any comments or additions?

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »
#17 Down Under has always been my nemesis.  I can't help pulling the drive right through the right side of the fairway, smacking into those damned trees.

Try something a little understable with a little hyzer at about 90% power. Back off just a bit... you want it to flip a little as it snakes its way down the fairway to the green. As Mark Morales has learned... "let the disc do the work".
~CD~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
My two least favorite holes are #13 at waterworks.. I find the old parking lot way too many times,
plus the rising angle of that hill is a strain on my butt to walk up. My other least favorite is # 1 Rosedale
in the current placement. Middle long right tucked behind those %#&@*ing thorn trees. I always blow by
or hit a branch short and get a bogey.
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »
#17 Down Under has always been my nemesis.  I can't help pulling the drive right through the right side of the fairway, smacking into those damned trees.

Try something a little understable with a little hyzer at about 90% power. Back off just a bit... you want it to flip a little as it snakes its way down the fairway to the green. As Mark Morales has learned... "let the disc do the work".
~CD~

That's what I did last week, and it worked like a charm.  I was trying to work something stable or overstable in there, but the hyzer flip shot is way better.

coops

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 10:28:04 PM »
rosey #17 i think. though it is a nice hole, that fence always finds a way to screw me

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 01:26:02 AM »
Rosedale #18 Middle has been beating me up for years. Trying to sneak that mid-range upshot between the tennis courts and the tree line. So many fours...

And yeah, hole 12 at Cliff Drive. I suppose it is questionable with the road and that EVIL cliff but it sure is a great hole for the pucker factor, especially with a head wind.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 10:19:13 AM »
Rosedale #18 Middle has been beating me up for years. Trying to sneak that mid-range upshot between the tennis courts and the tree line. So many fours...

Well, as of yesterday, that fence around teh tennis court is GONE.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 11:55:33 AM »

Gone for now, but will be back. Talking with Pat Guilfoil who said that they're resurfacing the courts, getting a new net and fencing, painting the light poles, creating a concrete path from the tennis court to the parking lot, and adding a concrete slab for another picnic table. Not sure when it will all be finished.

R
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »

Gone for now, but will be back. Talking with Pat Guilfoil who said that they're resurfacing the courts, getting a new net and fencing, painting the light poles, creating a concrete path from the tennis court to the parking lot, and adding a concrete slab for another picnic table. Not sure when it will all be finished.

R

Excellent. That's good news. That will make the entire area nicer when it is done. They did the same thing with the tennis courts at WyCo a few years ago and it just makes the whole place nicer.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
In the meantime though, some people are gonna get greedy on 18....You may even be able to birdie the C position with a bomb.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 01:29:20 PM »
In the meantime though, some people are gonna get greedy on 18....You may even be able to birdie the C position with a bomb.

LaRon Harris aced the C position several years back. That is if you're talking about the position at the Northeast corner of the tennis courts. Not the longest placement we use as a practice basket most of the time. Whatever happened to that guy? According to the local ratings list he hasn't made a single appearance at a league this season so far.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 02:03:11 PM »

LaRon Harris aced the C position several years back.

Damn.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »

LaRon Harris aced the C position several years back. That is if you're talking about the position at the Northeast corner of the tennis courts. Not the longest placement we use as a practice basket most of the time. Whatever happened to that guy? According to the local ratings list he hasn't made a single appearance at a league this season so far.

I wish LaRon would hurry up and get hip-replacement surgery. He lost lots off power. He's been out of it most of two years now...
~CD~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile