Author Topic: Charlie (the blind man) Bauersfeld  (Read 2831 times)

the blind man

Charlie (the blind man) Bauersfeld
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »
Yes Charlie is an inspiration again. Please read the article about Charlie's inspiration to his nephew. He never ceases to amaze us all.

http://www.theolathenews.com/103/story/116891.html

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: Charlie (the blind man) Bauersfeld
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 12:23:45 PM »
Yes Charlie is an inspiration again. Please read the article about Charlie's inspiration to his nephew. He never ceases to amaze us all.

http://www.theolathenews.com/103/story/116891.html

Thoughts and Prayers for Charlie...
~CD~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

the blind man

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 02:45:41 PM »
Thanks CD He will appreciate that  and again I really do want to grow up to be able to throw like you do.
Annie

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »
Am sorry to report that Charlie peacefully passed away last night...

RIP my friend. :'(
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
R.I.P. Charlie. He will be missed. I already miss him. Thanks for sharing this sad news Doc. I will enjoy the many fond memories I have of throwing with Charlie as well as just sitting around shooting the breeze with him. He was a truly pleasant and interesting human being. I'm happy I got to know him. The disc golf community is mourning one of their own today.

KM

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

the blind man

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:04:42 AM »
I just want to let everybody know that charlie passed very peaceful and He will be missed This will be the last post on Charlie the blind man login, as it was set up for him to voice his opinion which everybody who knew him was voiced. for his memory everybody go out and play a round thats what he would want. Thanks to everybodys prayers Yes Kevin he will be missed the inspiration he gave us all will live forever.

caddy annie

nmense

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »
Charlie was not only an amazing story and great disc golfer, but he was a great man in the truest since of the word.  He was an inspiration to many and he willl be greatly missed in the disc golf community. 

Nick

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »
This is sad news.  My cousin is in chemo, and had talked with Charlie while they were in chemo.  He had indicated to me on Friday that Charlie he thuoght had turned the corner.  This news is utterly shocking, and was not anything that I had planned on receiving this week.

SHocked, and saddened.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »
Charlie is already missed. What a guy! Annie you are missed too, so get your discs and show yourself soon...
~CD~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »
Annie, please pass on to Charlie's family that we're all grieving with them.  A uniquely talented guy, good sport, and inspiration.  I remember the story of the autograph hounds at Des Moines Worlds...great guy. 

So long, friend!  :'(
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:58 PM »
Charlie inspired me to become a better person(on and off the course) with his ways and he will be greatly missed...  Is there a memorial fund for donations to the family?
Steve
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »
In Remembrance of Charlie Bauersfeld, #22174:

A Celebration of Life will be held Thursday, July 3rd at 10am at Chrch of the Resurrection, Wesley Covenant Chapel, 135th & Roe Blvd, Leawood, KS.  The family will receive friends from 6-8pm Wednesday, July 2nd - at the same location.

We miss ya, Charlie...
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

tnimajneb

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
Charlie was such an inspiration!  He putt better than a lot of us and he couldn't even see the basket!  Always glad to "see" you with a winning smile.  He was in great shape, I can't believe that he's gone. :'(  Can we have a memorial round in the near future?  Not a tourney so much as a friendly round, maybe a fund raiser for the family.  We should do it at night so that it is more like he played all the time!  What was his favorite local course?  We should do it there!  Let's celebrate his life!
Ben Taylor

House

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 11:22:05 AM »
His obituary was in the KC Star today. Here is the info on his memorial service and wake.

Charlie Bauersfeld, age 62, Lenexa, KS died June 29, 2008 at KU Medical Center. Survivors include Wife, Becky Bauersfeld of the home, sister-in-law, Brenda Chael and husband Ted of Lenexa. A celebration of life will be held Thursday, July 3, 2008 at 10 a.m. at Church of the Resurrection, Wesley Covenant Chapel, 135th and Roe, Leawood, KS. The family will receive friends from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 2nd at the same location. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society or the Disabled American Veterans. Online condolences may be expressed at www.amosfamily.com. (arr. The Amos Family Chapel of Shawnee, 913- 631-5566).

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 11:41:37 AM »
Right now, I am planning on having a CTP on Sunday after the round, where people will have to throw "blinfolded".  I am looking for ctp prizes so if you have some that you want to give away, please let me know.

This should be a fun throw on the day to remember Charlie.  I am thinking of #7, or possibly just #5 short.......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"