Author Topic: How can I tell if im any good?  (Read 1572 times)

dirtyaker

How can I tell if im any good?
« on: May 24, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »
Im not sure how many throws it is suppose to take you to get it in the basket.I have raced motorcycles for the past 15 years and a freind from work turned me on to this killer game and now im addicted now.When I 1st started playing a month ago it took me 3 or 4 throws to get it in. Now im doing most of the courses in  2 or 3.What is par? ???

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Re: How can I tell if im any good?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 11:42:12 PM »
Nothing personal.................
You are not very good and never will be , but keep in mind none of us are either.
For a new guy, apparently you have a knack for the game.
I usually tell really new player to play 5  per hole as par, then when they get their par for the course,  play 4 per hole and so on.
Most of our courses are rated professional par 3 per hole. (Wyco & Blue Valley may have 4 pars due to length and insanity level.)

As you play the various courses, you will notice that most have multiple pin (ie basket) placements per
hole.  The fun is figuring out where the hell the basket is on any given day, thanks to our course love committees. This, and wind, rain , snow, heat, and inebriation will humble you back to the real world real soon.

Welcome to our world.

For a disc golf lesson in technique and silly talk contact me. Its cheap but stultifying. Bring your own towel.

SLoMo[/color][/size]

I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

Keizer

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:24:56 AM »
Show up at league and see how you stack up to the regulars. The nominal entry fee is well worth the knowledge and insight you'll gain from being on a card with guys who have been at it a while. Like slimneal says, it sounds like you may have a knack for this game. I've been at it for over a year now and I probably still get more 4s than 3s. :-\

dirtyaker

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »
 ;D ;)I was just kidding and trying to get a rise out of you good players.I usually get from a 2 to a 5. I do love playing and can't believe I never discovered disc golf until I was 44.Hope you got a laugh see ya on the course.

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:31:49 AM »
Damn, suckered in by a newbie!
Tell you what; Swope in the near future; humble me; humble you.
I will show you how to empty trash with one hand.

Slimatious[/size][/size]
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
Well I have never personally seen you throw a birdie so just keep up the hard work.

BB
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
...in slim's defense, I was on his card the night he won Adv at Rosedale a coupla/few years back...yup!
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!