Author Topic: Workday for the Wide Open May 31st  (Read 1502 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Workday for the Wide Open May 31st
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:42:44 PM »
Last chance to spiff  8) up Rosedale before the Wide Open.  We are going to need people who can operate chainsaws, weedeaters, and other hand tools.

If you are a carpenter or have some knowledge and would like to help rebuilding the stairs we will be doing that as well.  Currently I need someone with a truck who could pick up the materials from Wyandotte County Lake between 6am and 2:30 pm Thursday or Friday this week.  Please let me know if you would be able to help with this.

Stair building crew is planning on starting at 9am show up anytime from 9am and on.  Remember to bring gloves, and safety glasses if you plan on operating any power tools.

Hope to see you there.

-Dennis
913-620-7670
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Workday for the Wide Open May 31st
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:10:21 PM »
I will be there. 

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »
check out the new stairs from 9 basket to 10 tee pad!!!!
Steven Disc Glover

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »
It was a good day for Rosedale.  The stairs are complete, and man that was a chore!!!!  I'd like to give a big thanks to John Buckle for picking up the lumber on Friday and being there today from start (9am) to finish (6:30pm), he was the man today.  I'd also like to thank Clay Chance, Nick Winklebauer, and Steve Glover for all their help on building the stairs everyone really pitched and put in a good days worth of work.

In addition we had crews out on the course trimming trees, weeds, cleaning up dead limbs and anything else they could, and I'd like to thank them too for their help: Steve Harris, Chris Timko, John Theiss, Brad Myers, KC Hippie and his playing group helped haul some debris as they played through 10 - 11, some other random golfers helped haul stuff too and I apologize for not getting their names. 

I hope everyone will enjoy and appreciate the hard work it took to accomplish rebuilding the stairs and cleaning up the park the best we could in one day, and give these people thanks they all deserve it!

Now if they can just get this course mowed before next weekend it's going to look pretty good.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »
I played Rosie today. Sweet stairs! Thank you all!

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »
Nice job everyone. Looking forward to seeing the stairs. Just got off the phone with Pat Guilfoil, who says the mowers will be there late Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday. Wyco is getting done today (I think)>

Rick

It was a good day for Rosedale.  The stairs are complete, and man that was a chore!!!!  I'd like to give a big thanks to John Buckle for picking up the lumber on Friday and being there today from start (9am) to finish (6:30pm), he was the man today.  I'd also like to thank Clay Chance, Nick Winklebauer, and Steve Glover for all their help on building the stairs everyone really pitched and put in a good days worth of work.

In addition we had crews out on the course trimming trees, weeds, cleaning up dead limbs and anything else they could, and I'd like to thank them too for their help: Steve Harris, Chris Timko, John Theiss, Brad Myers, KC Hippie and his playing group helped haul some debris as they played through 10 - 11, some other random golfers helped haul stuff too and I apologize for not getting their names. 

I hope everyone will enjoy and appreciate the hard work it took to accomplish rebuilding the stairs and cleaning up the park the best we could in one day, and give these people thanks they all deserve it!

Now if they can just get this course mowed before next weekend it's going to look pretty good.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

-Dennis
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
check out the new stairs from 9 basket to 10 tee pad!!!!

I can't wait to C 'em... you all ROC!
~CD~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »