Author Topic: Fund Raising  (Read 1301 times)

savagesam

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Fund Raising
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »
May want to consider producing a DVD on the KCWO to raise funds. Take a look at MSDGC to see how their payout has increased over the years.  http://msdgc.maplehillopen.com/index_payout.html  .Not sure if the increase is due to the videos produced but I know a lot of players like to to view top pro's in action. Has this been option been considered before?
"ROC N ROLL"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fund Raising
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »
Actually they have more staff dedicated to solely raising money than we do.  It boils down to people pushing themselves to get that money to the event, and TIME, which is something that most of us do not have to donate.  I had more time in the past to grab that attention, and now with 13 interviews a day, I do not.  If we had a dedicated staff person to solely raise $$ it would be better.

Alas we all have our "day job" to contend with in the area, and thus the way our purse has slipped over the past few years.  However if you are interested in helping with raising money, I still feel the best method is a tee sign for the Wide Open, and parlay that into the Worlds for next year.  Feel free to call me with moer information.

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Sly

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
What are the constraints of a video production team at the KCWO?

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »
What are the constraints of a video production team at the KCWO?

From what I heard, the Marshall Street event lost money and that played a factor in the dissolution of the partnership of Jason Southwick and Steve Dodge, wo used to run the MS Championships (it's not happening this year) and the Marshall Stree Disc Golf web site. (Steve's new website is  Prime Discs.) As a rule,  most DG videos don't make much money, especially if they don't scrimp on production values.

Sly, do you have the skill and experience in making videos and making them profitable or perhaps know of a person or company who might be willing to take a gamble on disc golf?  It might be a bit late for the Wide Open, but there will be a definite opportunity for the Worlds next year. The biggest constraint right now is not having a production team in place.

Rick
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com