Author Topic: What is your dream course?  (Read 936 times)

Big Sky

What is your dream course?
« on: June 01, 2008, 12:27:10 AM »
I just wanted to do this to see what holes around the Kansas City area people like the most. Some friends and myself put together a dream course, consisting of holes from various public courses in the metro area. We considered challenge, the aesthetic factor, enjoyment, as well as our favorites when putting this together. Also, when formulating the dream course, we only used hole 1 from any course for the dream course hole 1, hole 2 from any course for the dream hole 2, etc... In other words, the dream course hole number must correspond to the hole number chosen from any given course. One could do this again and probably come up with various layouts, but this was fun. I hope that some people put in their own dream course as well. If you do, try to use the same constraint (corresponding holes).

Hole Number       Course                  Placement                                          Par     
1WaterworksLong3
2Cliff DriveLong3
3Blue ValleyLong4
4Blue ValleyLong4
5SwopeLong Left3
6WaterworksLong3
7WycoLong3
8Cliff DriveLong3
9Blue ValleyLong w/ mando 5
10SwopeLong Practice Basket w/ mando3
11Blue ValleyOnly3
12Cliff DriveOnly3
13SwopeLong Pad to Long Left4
14WaterworksLong3
15SwopeLong Left on Island3
16Cliff DriveLong4
17WycoMiddle4
18Blue ValleyLong5
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:23:22 AM by Big Sky »

paganscum

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What is your dream course?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 02:19:47 AM »
13 swope long left???  Is is for a urination break or the smokers lounge bench?
Just kidding, I like it too.
If it harm none,
do what you will.

Keizer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »
Blue Valley #3 has no place in a dream. That is a hole reserved solely for nightmares! ;D

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »
As totally awesome as hole #14 at WW truly is...I gotta vote for WyCo #14 over-the-pond.

The scenery of WW #14 is beyond compelling; especially when the leaves have all fallen...but the actual golf shots needed for a 3 (or even a 2!) at WyCo makes for my fave #14...and fave golf-hole in KC.  8)
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Big Sky

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 12:47:18 PM »
Yeah, WYCO hole 14 was strongly considered. I believe that my friends and I chose WW hole 14 because of the view.

Hole number 6 was also a very tough call. Cliff Drive hole 6 is one of the best holes I've played and was very tough to leave off the list.

Also, this dream course would not be conducive to people of all skill levels.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:49:24 PM by Big Sky »

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »
Wow, that is cool.

Pretty darn good list.  1 and 6 are great for Waterworks.  Like 1 short pin as well.  3 at Wyco is pretty good, and yeah, love 7.  No Rosedale?  I thought that downhill turnover shot is pretty good there.  Is that #9?  4 is one of the best holes at Blue Valley.  For the most downhill shot I can think of right now.... #2 at BV.  Open shot but the OB near the sloped green makes it interesting.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:53:15 AM »
I just wanted to do this to see what holes around the Kansas City area people like the most. Some friends and myself put together a dream course, consisting of holes from various public courses in the metro area. We considered challenge, the aesthetic factor, enjoyment, as well as my favorites when putting this together. Also, when formulating the dream course, we only used hole 1 from any course for the dream course hole 1, hole 2 from any course for the dream hole 2, etc... In other words, the dream course hole number must correspond to the hole number chosen from any given course. One could do this again and probably come up with various layouts, but this was fun. I hope that some people put in their own dream course as well. If you do, try to use the same constraint (corresponding holes).

Beam me up! Someday, they'll have the ability to actually PLAY your dream course! I know... next time you play each of those holes, jot down YOUR score  ;)
~CD~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 01:17:03 PM »
six birdies (2's) and a total score of 51 is my personal best collated to Big Sky's dream course.
espouse elucidation