Author Topic: from the course coordinator and league director  (Read 1852 times)

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
from the course coordinator and league director
« on: July 01, 2005, 11:36:05 PM »
I wish to thank all  players who come out to Prairie Center League on Monday evenings.  The league is one of the best things I look forward to each week.  We will be playing July 4.  Also, in the next few months I hope we can move hole No. 12.  If anybody can help, let me know at 913-888-8863 (business phone) or 913-940-3021 (cell).  Hopefully we will be scheduling a work day.  Thanks-Bob Hayett :D

PikNik

Hole 12
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 05:02:36 PM »
What is the plan for Hole #12?  Are you planning on moving the basket?  Or are you talking about moving the teepad as well?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Nick

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 08:37:29 PM »
Just my two cents worth. If someone could find some railroad ties, we could make stairs off the tee and even build up a little retaining wall, it would also help with the erosion of the hill. I would even be willing to help as long as the workday was on a Monday/Tuesday night late in the evening.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 10:33:40 PM »
last I'd heard #12 tee will move to about where the pins are now.  The basket placements will be back along the lake, east side/northeast side.

That's a great idea about firming up the cliff where 12 presently is, but only shoring up a few feet would do little good, unfortunately

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »
What about just movning the tee pad back to the east further, maybe just south of the yellow gates??

Just throwing an idea out, I wouldn't mind hole #12 playing a little longer.  Or maybe putting the basket closer to the lake and using the same tee pad.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 10:02:05 PM »
12 longer?  hmmm...

we have to move the whole hole...or hole whole...whichever.  That area becomes a parking lot when soccer mom season gets in full swing.  Limit 2 per day, minimum 2 points per rack.

sorry...confusing this w/ the mixed doubles thread.

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 01:13:47 PM »
In discussing with Bob, the preliminary plan is to move 12's tee box just past where the current pin placement is now. 12's pin will be moved down towards the pond with a shot through the tree gap, with an alternate placement to the right of the treeline by the ball fence.

Hole 13 will get a new tee pad south of 12's pin, it will be placed so that you have to shoot over the edge of the pond and back onto the current 13 fairway. We will still leave the current tee for 13 as well for those who do not want to tee over the pond.

the idea is to get the soccer folk out of the line of fire and create some more challenging holes. At this point it is up to Olathe parks to help us get this going.

PikNik

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 01:48:29 PM »
The new looks for 12 & 13 sound interesting.  I can't wait to see them.

PikNik