Author Topic: 07-04-05 league and stolen basket  (Read 1173 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
07-04-05 league and stolen basket
« on: July 05, 2005, 07:55:07 AM »
11 out for a 4th of July round of random draw dubs. Mild breeze early in the round with calm conditions in the latter portion of the round.

OPEN (11)
Tony & Dan        46
Arturo & Dustin   46
Tom & Cali Tom  47
Brad & Caleb      49
David & Doc       50
Angie & Bob       51

Upon arrival it became evident that the #2 basket has been stolen. Bob will be informing the Parks and Rec department who in turn will probably get with the police. In my opinion, the scumbag(s) that stole the basket probably plays Disc Golf, and may even be reading this. The money the thief will spend on an attorney to keep his sorry ass out of jail after being caught could have been used to legally obtain his own basket. If anybody sees a basket in somebody's back yard, check it out and see if it's
Olathe's #2. If anybody knows who stole the basket, contact me (913-829-5912) or Bob Hayett, or any of the club officers. We just want the stolen basket returned.

If you are reading this post and you STOLE the basket, you would be better off by returning it. You will not be able to enjoy the basket because IT IS NOT YOURS, and eventually YOU WILL BE CAUGHT. Do you want to risk being known as a thief? You will have bad Karma on all your shots on all your future rounds of golf. It's possible there is surveilance footage of the park entrance, so your license plate may be identified. Do you want Paul Morrison's office coming down on you? You should return the basket to the park before it's too late. RETURN THE BASKET TODAY.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I'm not trying to point fingers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 09:19:41 PM »
But how was the basket loosened?  Was the lock cut, the pole cut, or was the lock inadvertently left off?

It is sickening to think that someone who uses the course might be responsible for any of the stolen baskets we've had.

*sigh
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Guth

07-04-05 league and stolen basket
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 02:40:47 PM »
It's a good thing we put those GPS tracking devices on those baskets.