Author Topic: Trying to start a league at work  (Read 1755 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to start a league at work
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Kevin,
I believe that at Wyandotte County Lake Park alcohol is permitted in the shelter areas if you have it reserved so the same may be true for Wyco Disc Golf Course. I can check with my parks and rec buddy I know. He's a park ranger that was coming out to Rosedale for awhile but have not seen him lately. I know a few rangers. I guess they move them around or something.

Mike,
As for the new league, I work in Fairfax and would like to participate but working 2nd shift makes it to where I can only play weekends.
I would post something for you where I work but not sure how much interest you will have. I work for Kelloggs and we have 3 shifts of employees.
Steven Disc Glover

Keizer

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »
The league will be played on weekends, Steve. I'm 2nd shift as well (worked 5pm-6am last night, whew!), and there's no way I could get up early enough during the week. I've got some help from another guy who plays and we've been fairly successful as far as getting the word out, just waiting to see how many respond.

Keizer

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »
BTW, Steve, I just got your message on my phone. To answer your question, YES. If this league gets going you and anyone you work with would be more than welcome to play.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »
mike,
if you are playing solstice doubles at swope, bring out a flyer and i will take it to work and post it. i could use 3 of them for various posting locations throughout the plant. i can also add my # to my flyers so the people i work with would be more comfortable about calling. have you thought about printing up a rules flyer explaining how league works. especially the fact how you show up when you can.

if we get real serious and we get good turnouts we could get someone to sell discs before league to players looking for discs. especially the newbies.
Steven Disc Glover

Keizer

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »
My aim with the fliers was to get names and contact info of those interested, then I would set up a meeting at a local course (probably Rosie or WW) and call the people back and let them know when and where. It would be at the meeting that rules/logistics would be discussed among everyone present and we would decide as a group how we want this thing to run. I held back on printing the rules and details on the fliers because I don't want this to be MY league, I want it to be OUR league, and things will be decided depending on what is best for the majority so that there's a better chance of a good turnout week to week.

Cool? ;D

Oh yeah, I'll try to get ahold of you this weekend and get you a flier. I wasn't planning on playing Solstice but we'll see what happens.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »
solstice has lots of door prizes, beer, girls in bikinis driving the beer cart, good food, fun and lots of great people.
its well worth the cost.
Steven Disc Glover

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 12:10:59 PM »
girls in bikinis driving the beer cart

We didn't have these kind of events in Iowa.  I love KC.

Keizer

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 05:40:07 PM »
solstice has lots of door prizes, beer, girls in bikinis driving the beer cart, good food, fun and lots of great people.
its well worth the cost.

Definitely sounds like a good time, but GM has us working 12-hour+ shifts at the moment with a production Saturday scheduled tomorrow. I won't get to sleep until after 6am and I have to be back to work by 5pm, so there's just no way to make it work. Grueling schedule and all, but it means more people are buying our Malibus and Auras instead of the  Jap crap! 8)