Author Topic: Benches  (Read 1640 times)

kchippie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Benches
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:36:04 PM »
I have material for building some benches, just don't have the time.  I have left over "green" 6x6 and 2x6 from some decks I've built, only enough for 3 or 4 benches.  I was thinking down under but don't really care as long as the material gets used.  If anyone wants them please let me know.  My friend is holding the material and wants it gone this week. 
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my brand new disc the most.

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Re: Benches
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »
If you think this stuff is usable to build steps, I would like it for Swope. I am thinking the steps up to 14.

Slim918-606-8985
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »
Down Under's benches need addressed, as well as the bridges.  In the next week or so, I'm going to try and get out to DU to take a look at the work that needs done there.

kchippie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »
Yeah DU is what I had in mind and the material is real close.  I got some 4x4s and 2x12s today.  I looked at the calender and I think I can help out the 28th if anyone else is up for it.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »
I'll get with you next week and let you know.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 11:24:31 PM »
get in touch with john buckle. ask him who that was doing the cutting for the steps for going from 9 basket to 10 tee pad. you will need a box of screws but do not lose any cause you will need them all. i bet buckle will even help if not take control of the project. i of course can be on hand to help if i am available that weekend. john's phone # is 913-###-####.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:02:41 PM by Nivek9 »
Steven Disc Glover

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 11:34:50 AM »
NOt that Buckle doesn't do a good job, but I always have issues with someone else volunteering another person, then putting their phone # out there is a whole other issue.  I think that to get that type of info, you should go into a private message.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 12:04:46 PM »
NOt that Buckle doesn't do a good job, but I always have issues with someone else volunteering another person, then putting their phone # out there is a whole other issue.  I think that to get that type of info, you should go into a private message.

Good point. I know John loves to work on disc golf courses almost as much as playing on them so mentioning him with regards to work days is to be expected. But he may not want his number published like that.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »
I'll be calling John next week, as well as seeing if the Rosedale CC's would like to help with this.  Aside from the benches and bridges, there are a few things that need done (major trimming, that damned tree on #8's bridge, a tree that fell in front of #1 long's tee, etc), so I'll be calling out to people next weekend to see if I can get some help.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »
I plan on working at Cliff Drive on w/e of the 28th, and 4th, I would like to spray all the holes on the 28th, and then come in on the 5th and clean it up, so don't take all my helpers.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 01:30:53 PM »
I plan on working at Cliff Drive on w/e of the 28th, and 4th, I would like to spray all the holes on the 28th, and then come in on the 5th and clean it up, so don't take all my helpers.

Damn you Jack.  OK, I guess we'll get on this after the Sunburn Open.  Cliff Drive needs more love right now anyways.

Keizer

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »
I'll be calling John next week, as well as seeing if the Rosedale CC's would like to help with this.  Aside from the benches and bridges, there are a few things that need done (major trimming, that damned tree on #8's bridge, a tree that fell in front of #1 long's tee, etc), so I'll be calling out to people next weekend to see if I can get some help.

If you're talking about the big tree on #8 down under, someone's already cut it out to where you can walk onto the bridge. The rest of the tree is still there, but you don't have to climb over it or walk around to get on the bridge anymore.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
Sweet.  We also need to remove that fallen tree on #8 up top; I keep landing in it :).

kchippie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »
A friend and I are going to meet up around 2pm on Saturday to work on the benches.  I should have a nail gun, saw and generator, couple shovels, and enough wood for about six benches.  If there is anyone that wants to help please meet by the ball fields. Have fun.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 08:06:07 AM »
I'd suggest screws over nails.