Author Topic: Disc golf baskets in Blue Springs.  (Read 901 times)

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Disc golf baskets in Blue Springs.
« on: June 21, 2008, 01:38:04 PM »
Was driving down Roanoke yesterday east of 7 Highway and spotted some what looked like homemade baskets at the ele. school over there. Seemed to be all lined up in a row so assuming set up for the little kids... Good to see that kinda thing. Sure wish I had those when I was that age.

Keizer

Re: Disc golf baskets in Blue Springs.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 02:33:14 PM »
That's a lil' 9'er they put in at Lucy Franklin Elementary. The "course" is sort of L-shaped, and it takes you around to the back of the school following the walking track. It's very open, very short, and nothing even close to John Theiss' creation over at William Yates, but it's still cool to see the kids getting to play disc golf. The baskets are not homemade, they're DB-5s. Not as fancy as a Mach III but probably just as tough and at $200 only about half the price. I have one at home and I love it.

Yeah, I too wish they had DG back when we were kids. If I had started playing back then maybe I wouldn't suck so bad now. :D

JermWade

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »
Mike if u suck then i dont even want to think about how bad i am man, Come on be realistic  ;D

Keizer

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »
It's all relative, Jeremy. ;D

BTW, when I first saw this thread I thought of Legacy Park and got all excited. That's technically in Lee's Sumit, though, isn't it?

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:44:24 AM »
Nah its Lee's Summit. Havent seen much going on over there.. Tee pads thats about it.  Looks like it ought to be fun once they get the rest of it together though.

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Legacy
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 01:58:28 PM »
I stopped by to figure this place out, here are my observations.
Unlike all the other KC Metro parks this one is being built from the ground up and will be a large sports complex with softball, baseball, soccer and disc golf and an indoor community center. .
The legacy disc golf course is in the north end of the park, google Legacy park lees summit.
Notes taken: Asphalt bike/walk trail
Concrete tee pads
Moderately woody
Moderately hilly
Could not tell the layout as it needed brush clearing at the time I was there
Restrooms
Playground
2 nice covered pavilions
Trashcans
Parking lot with lighting
Bike rack
Info board
The parks maintenance is next door, which is a good thing.

Sliimiiny

I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

Keizer

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 12:17:53 AM »
I would guess that since it is in LS that it will be very well kept. Can't wait to try it out!