Author Topic: Oklahoma city  (Read 616 times)

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Oklahoma city
« on: June 22, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »
I will be running a project on OK City over the next month.
I see the courses on PDGA.
Does any body have any comments on the courses there and Tulsa.

Thanx

SlimmerShimmer
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Oklahoma city
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »
have not played Tulsa but i have played in okc, dolse park very nice, mitch park in edmond just north of okc

Dolese Youth Park is what he meant.

I played Will Rogers Park and Woodson in OKC probably about 15 years ago....Will Rogers is short, but fun.

Northeast Lions Park in Norman is another fun course.

In Tulsa, my favorites were the BlackHawk course in Mohawk Park, McClure Park, Course Dovillio, Haikey Creek (Broken Arrow), and Hunter Park.  Dovillio and McClure are only a few blocks apart.  Riverside and Chandler are nice, short courses.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Big Sky

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »
Mohawk Park has been hit hard with tornados and flooding this year. You may want to talk with some locals to find out how the conditions are. It is probably in much better shape now than it was during the Greater Tulsa Open. If you get a chance, that is my favorite course(s) there.

McClure is also a nice park/course. More variety than Dovillo, which is entirely flat, with a decent amount of trees.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:43:49 PM »
Tulsa: the first few holes at Hunter are amazing, a DU feel but plenty open.  McClure is a LOT like Crestwood in Topeka, down to the tennis courts, baseball field, and the last 2 being long and next to the street.  It's better, though.  Get out to the Lodge at Pawhuska too, Jim, it's sort of grueling but has probably been refined a lot since I was last there.  Black Hawk is nice, but a bit silly on a couple holes.  The damage to the course hardware is long since repaired, but the trees took a big hit in the ice storms.  Haikey Creek is OK, better than Red Hawk IMO.  Riverside is fun but REAL short and is their equivalent of Rosedale in terms of amount of play.  Chandler, short but more fun than Riverside IMO. 

OKC Dolese is terrific.  Will Rogers is fun, as mentioned, but short. 
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!