Author Topic: Blue Valley Work Day This Sat July 9th - 9am  (Read 971 times)

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Blue Valley Work Day This Sat July 9th - 9am
« on: July 07, 2005, 01:21:16 PM »
Come out and help the KCFDC at the Blue Valley work day this Saturday July 9th.  

We will get started about 9am. This will be known as one of the great Championship Courses in the world. If you haven't seen it yet this is your chance. We will be working to clear debris for the upcoming City of Fountains tournament. There will be a round of golf following the work day.

Blue Valley Park is located at 23rd and topping.

435 N toward Worlds of Fun exit 23rd street head west to Park

From I-70 take 23rd street exit and head east to Topping park is on the right.

Dan Cashen will be onsite direction the workday. his contact number is 913-638-6399. Mike Penney is available before the workday at 816-356-4523.

Liquid Refreshments will be provided. Lunch is tentative (Morales).

Thanks for your help!

Dirk

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 08:39:10 PM »
Anybody with a pickup truck is greatly encourged to come out. The course is ready to be played by the way, just marked the tee areas today!
Mike Penney

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 11:21:03 AM »
Thanks to
Craig  
Beckett
Penney
and the EC members who showed up for the work day Saturday.

I understand about 15 people showed up to play BV on Sunday. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wish more of you would show up on the WORK DAY!!

tommymarin

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 05:56:06 PM »
I only saw 6 names from KC at the Glass Blown Open, so what is everybody's excuse for not going to help out on the new course. Do people not understand that these courses don't come together by themselves? Are they just too lazy? Maybe they are scared to get dirty. Whatever their excuses are it's a good thing there are those who take the time and care to make the courses in KC so nice to play in. Good job to the few of you (I keep seeing the same names) who have a good heart to keep things going. I wonder what will happen when those people get burned out carring the work load? 15 people to play the course and 6 to do the work, sounds typical!!! Good thing Dan Cashen is on the job!