Author Topic: New courses  (Read 1197 times)

kan_man

New courses
« on: July 07, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »
Do you think there will be any courses that will be devoloped around Overland Park or in the surrounding area?  there are some nice parks and the neighborhoods seem nice, I don't think there would be too much vandelism to worry about.  It just seems that there are many courses up north and just one here down south.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
New courses
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
Shawnee Mission Park!!!!!!! coming soon!

I'm stoked about the course in that park.  I also heard Heritage Park is down the line.

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

kan_man

New courses
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 03:47:08 PM »
Thats cool.  Heritage is a really nice and big.  I play softball games down there.  So how long does it usually take to build a course. Including the planning and all.

ferret

New courses
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 04:14:56 PM »
Anyone know where in Shawnee Mission Park the course will be?

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
New courses
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 05:28:25 PM »
Don't quote me on this but I heard that it will be up near the ranger station and play out in the field behind there.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
New courses
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 06:53:32 PM »
how long does it take?  Well, Blue Valley has been in the works for several years, in earnest worked on for about a year.  With volunteers doing the work, with a litlle help from the city, things can't move too quickly.

The course I built south of St Louis was about  1.5 years planning, dreaming, finagling with the city, and installing.  It's not finished yet, but concrete pads are way down the road.  The secret to course design is patience, lots of throwing before something is set down, and sweat.  Within reason, the longer it takes to install the course, the better it's likely to be.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!