Author Topic: 10th Annual Hell On The Border Ft Smith AR  (Read 2445 times)

Tom Pitchford Jr

10th Annual Hell On The Border Ft Smith AR
« on: July 08, 2005, 07:59:54 AM »
Sept 17th and 18th,3 Rounds Singles followed by Pick Doubles.Ben Geren Park, So National Event.$22.00 Novice,AMs $32.00 ,$42.00 Advanced, $52.00 Open,Players Packages for first 50 entries ,Shirt and Custom stamped Plastic.Mail Pre Registration to Tom Pitchford Jr at 2822 So Memphis Ft Smith Ar 72903.(Make checks payable to Tom Pitchford.)Specify size and Division you intend to play.CTP's,,Ring of Fire, Ace Pool, and more.Ben Geren Park has 18 New Disc Catchers,Very nice course!Expect an Exellent turn out,Expect an EXELLENT Time.Tourney info is also posted on SNDG.org,And on PDGA board NW AR.Hope to see you in Sept! 8)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 11:16:50 AM »
Dude that's very difficult to read.  You should format that a little differently, maybe  use the Enter key to seperate lines some.

BTW how long of a drive is Ft. Scott AR, from KC?
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 11:54:25 AM »
Google maps says it's just shy of 300 miles and almost 7 hours. That's a ways....  probably wouldn't take nearly that long.

I'll be driving to Hays for the Frontier Open the week before so probably won't be able to make the investment in this one. Sounds like fun though.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Tom Pitchford Jr

Tourney
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 04:59:59 PM »
That's, FT SMITH. I don't believe it's that far a drive.Probably 4 to 5 hours.It will be worth the drive,Lot's of people are talkin about it.Like I said,Go to SNDG.org.You'll find it.Glad I finally found you people.There's also a New course in Alma AR.You can check it out while your here.Don't pay attention to the course lengths on the PDGA  locator.They're much longer.Alma is definately diffrent.Stay in touch.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 04:20:53 PM »
Ft Smith is just over 4 hours drive; I've done it a number of times in the past.  Easy, esp now that 71 is probably complete most of the way.  When you reach the AR border, it becomes a normal 4 lane highway with some stoplights, but it's not bad.
Joplin is about exactly halfway, the course there isn't bad, not too hard to get to off the highway (you gotta do some funky moves to stay on 71 south anyway, either get on I-44 a bit or take business 71 through Joplin) and McClelland Park is in extreme south Joplin.

Is the Alma course 9 or 18?  I have a bit of history with that area, it would be nice to be there under MY terms again :twisted:

thanks for the heads-up, Tom.

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Tom Pitchford Jr

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 10:05:57 AM »
Alma is 18 holes.It's at the Aquatics Park.Multi level,We had a couple REALLY long final holes at the Alma Greens tourney a couple months ago.One was approx 1,200 feet.Off the top of the Dam!It was beautiful,This was being reached by some.Yes the 540 is finished from Fayetteville to Ft Smith.I don't know about the rest.Fayetteville is a 45 min drive now.Shawn LaMastus(Anybody remember this Dinosaur?)well he told me years ago this tourney pulled in some of you folks.Hey,Does anybody know what happend to Crazy?I haven't seen Brooks in years.I'd like to know where he is.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 04:27:08 PM »
Crazy is still around. I saw him at Water Works league in May. Though I have no clue what he's up to now, but he's playing evry now and then.
Mike Penney

Tom Pitchford Jr

Hell On The Border.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 08:03:30 AM »
That's cool.Shawn and I we're talking about him the other day,Hope he makes it to the tourney.Where can I send Flyers to?I need an Address.

Tom Pitchford Jr

Hell On The Border.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 08:58:54 PM »
Pro $52.00      Advanced $42.00     Ams $32.00   Novice $22.00       Send check or money order in care of  Tom Pitchford Jr   2822  So Memphis  Ft Smith AR 72903.   First 50 entries guaranteed  Custom Stamped Disc and Shirt.  Specify Division AND Shirt Size. People ARE Pre Registering so Hurry if you can.  Ben Geren went from  5,023 to 5,888 ft yesterday (Alternates) Concrete should be in by tourney.ALSO SN event AND it will be a B Tier PDGA.(Should be a B .3 rounds of 18.Two days)Get hooked up folks.LOTS of Oakies gonna be here.This WILL be a blast!!!  See Ya! :lol:

Tom Pitchford Jr

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 06:36:33 PM »
This Event is now a B TIER!!! 18 New 5x10 Tee Pads are in,18 alternate pin positions are in!!This group has busted A gettin this course right!!! And it's all here for you to enjoy.We'll be putting on an exellent time so COME GET YA SOME!!!Oh Did I forget to mention it's a SN qualifier also?Well it is.So,Double shot!!See Ya There!

Tom Pitchford Jr

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 08:13:24 PM »
Motel 6,$45.23 for a double.I 540 and Rogers Ave.479-484-0675.Tell em you want a room for two and then stuff em in.That's what the lady told me to say!Party sat night.1 rule.You get too silly I get your keys.It's gonna happen.I'll get someones keys. :lol: