Author Topic: Bring Lost Discs to Disc Golf World  (Read 576 times)

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
Bring Lost Discs to Disc Golf World
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »
We've been doing this for a while, but decided to announce it out here. Please feel free to bring found discs with names and or contact information on them to Disc Golf World at 509 E 18th ST in KC (or give them to John Chapman, Ted Keith, or Rick Rothstein). You can also drop in the 509 mail slot when the store is closed.

We will contact the owner of the disc, who can pick it up here at their leisure. I think it's great that so many people are keeping the community spirit alive by trying to get lost discs back to their owners. However, the problem is often the logistics of meeting up. Having DGW has a central repository should help resolve that problem to some extent. Unclaimed lost discs will become property of the KCFDC to advance its outreach programs.

Rick

Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

Irand M

Re: Bring Lost Discs to Disc Golf World
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »
Rick this is a great idea!  Not only can I drop off a disc that I've found, but then I can feed my habit by buying some discs while I'm there.  Breaking in those new discs should lead me to having more discs end up off the fairway, helping me to find more lost discs and giving me a excuse to drop by Disc Golf World more often...wow, my wife is going to need to get a second job.

Rand M  ;D

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
Re: Bring Lost Discs to Disc Golf World
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:47:11 PM »
Other than dropping lost discs here at DGW, the drop slot at Swope is secure, and we'll notify people once we get those discs here. Also, lost discs can be turned to the director of any league in town as well. Do not use the found-disc receptacle at Rosedale as it is not secure.

Rick
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com