Author Topic: HEAR YE! HEAR YE!!!!  (Read 1811 times)

Loomis

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!!!!
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »
I found a disc at wyco a few weeks ago that belonged to Wes Hansen. It was a blue champion wraith. I posted it here, and the wheels started moving. Chappy contacted me and said that Wes Hansen lived far far away and that I needed to turn in his disc at DGW. Somehow they would get ahold of him and get it back to him. There was even a local dude that said he would contact Wes and get the disc back to him.

I turned in the disc and went about my merry way.

Yesterday, before league play in Olathe, I found another of Wes Hansen's discs. Either this guy is the johnny appleseed of Wraiths or the Gods want me to talk to this Dude.

I reached out to Wes and told him this same long story. He was shocked. He was never told of the Blue Champion Wraith and was super-duper pleased to hear that I found his "baby." He told me he lost another disc but that he told the dude that found it to keep it but that he would really like his two wraiths back...

SO...

Discs are going west. Chappy, if you're reading this, I will be by tomorrow to pick up the Blue Wraith if you know where it is. And to the fine people or person that played Disc Golf in Olathe before league yesterday.... shame on you. You're a thief. COME ON!!!! It's a ten dollar disc! Get a job and buy your own. This is the third time that I have found someone out in Olathe playing with someone else's discs. Thankfully one of those times it was some ass-munch playing with my lost aviar.

I am fairly new to this game and to this area so I don't know everyone or all the rules, but DAMN this is embarassing...

So in closing... I put this offer on the table....
If you have someone else's disc, turn it in and contact me... I will BUY you a replacement disc for the stolen one you have. Just let me know and I will give you a brand spanking new disc of your choice. No questions asked. Just turn in the disc.

Loomis

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: HEAR YE! HEAR YE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 01:01:10 PM »
Call here before you come to pick it up.  The disc you speak of was given to someone here in town on Wes' instructions.  The person that has the disc currently is willing to send it back to Wes, but I want to make sure what Wes wants to do with it first, since he previously abandoned the disc.  I have an email into him, hoping to hear from him by the end of the day.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »
Some things to consider:

- THE GROUP YOU ARE FOCUSING THIS TOPIC TOWARDS ARE MOST LIKELY NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE KCFDC OR THEY WOULD HAVE TURNED THE DISC IN.

- THIS HAPPENS EVERYWHERE NOT JUST OLATHE.

- People trade discs so there is reason for them to have a disc marked with another name. 

- I personally do not put my phone number on my disc any more because I get more phone calls from people just wanting to cause troubles, or letting me know that "my disc is in good hands and I will not have to worry about seeing it again."

- Some people actually try and call people and get told to just keep the disc because it's not worth the time or money to get it back.

I'm not trying to down play your post, but for the most part, people on this website are not the people you need to explain this type of stuff to.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
Some things to consider:

- I personally do not put my phone number on my disc any more because I get more phone calls from people just  letting me know that "my disc is in good hands and I will not have to worry about seeing it again."

Now that is some funny stuff!! :D

It is pretty annoying to see people that just play with lost discs that belong to someone else.  It does happen everywhere.  Disc bums that can't afford to buy their own discs because they don't have jobs.  What can ya do?

Keizer

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »
If it's got a name or number, turn it in and the good karma will come back to you. I can personally attest to this theory! 8)

davetv81

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 08:00:38 AM »
I've always found it's easier not to lose them......

most I watch play stomp around like little girls when they have a bad shot...... totally not watching where their disc ENDED up...... oh, they knew what direction it TOOK OFF and they wander around for a while before giving up with a "lost disc"  ......  now THAT's embarrassing.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 09:05:54 AM »
I've always found it's easier not to lose them......

Tru dat.....   ;D ::)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

davetv81

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »
a member of our group lost a disc, the guy who found it called up and wanted $10 "finders fee". 

FAIR WARNING.......  if I lose a disc and someone pulls that crap on me....I WILL agree to meet you.

Keizer

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »
a member of our group lost a disc, the guy who found it called up and wanted $10 "finders fee". 

What a dickhead! :D

Irand M

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
I've give him the ten dollars on the condition that he brings the disc to me.  Then I'd make him drive across town so he has to add the ten to the gas tank to get back home.  ;D

gott1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »
I would tell him to keep the damn thing and shove it where the sun dont shine.On the stolen disc thing its not really stolen it was found you lost it!!!!!!!! But if it has a name they should call (if your lucky) but most of the golfers that are not in the kcfdc dont care. I've lost a few and found a few never had one returned but i have returned one. :) So i dont even put my name or number on them. when i played the monkey island open in emporia i lost two of them in the damn pond. :P So if some one was to go swimming and find them i would not expect them to call me because i left them in the pond just another lost disc ;D  lz
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:04:51 PM by gott1 »
ELZA GOTT

LOCAL DISC GOLFER

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 10:26:10 AM »

FAIR WARNING.......  if I lose a disc and someone pulls that crap on me....I WILL agree to meet you.

Of course the idea of putting names and numbers on discs is based on the expectation that the finder will make a good-faith attempt to return the disc (directly or through DGW). In this way, we establish ourselves as a community in the good sense. Of course, within each community there are a few jerks, sociopaths, n'er-do-wells, wife-beaters, derelicts, and just plain meanies. While the desire to pummel them is understandable, I think a better way is to "out" them. I'd love to know the name of the guy (not many girls would try this kind of thing) who is holding discs ransom, and strike up a conversation with him.

By and large, though, we have a great community here in KC. Rah! Rah!

Rick
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

davetv81

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »
well, if you play rosedale, you've seen him. 

It's Nathan.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:49:22 PM by davetv81 »

Big Sky

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:26:54 PM »
Discs are more or less expendable/replaceable. That is not saying that they cannot be special.

The only reason I mark mine at all is simply for PDGA tournament play guidlines. I have lost a few discs, and even had a couple of calls back, but the disc never made it back to me. I decided a long time ago that if I cannot find it and have to walk away, I really am walking away from the disc. I would probably tell someone to keep it if they found it, unless it was one of my absolute favorites.

Either way, that is still messed up - that guy demanding a finders fee. It shows his true character, which I would say is not typical of club members or even most of the disc golfing community in Kansas City.

Fish

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »
well, if you play rosedale, you've seen him. 

It's Nathan.

That guy's a douchebag.  He screwed over a friend of mine in similar fashion.  He's also a pathological liar.  I golfed a round with him once, and some of the better stories were that he was a professional MMA fighter, renowned glass blower, and that when he was a boy, a group of thugs tied up his parents and made him fight for their lives.  He supposedly fought off 4 guys and saved his parents or some such craziness. 

I happen to have his phone number if anyone would like to get in touch with him about that lost disc.... 
Nate Fishback