Author Topic: Work Day August 3-Sunday  (Read 1456 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work Day August 3-Sunday
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:50:25 PM »
I am not sure when I will have another chance to make this work.  I am planning a work day on Sunday to get ready for the lIons Den, and more importantly for the tee pads.  I had initially planned on getting the pads in prior to Lions Den, but I am thinking that we may need to do that in Sept or October, as all of my w/e are booked through Sept now.

Please plan on showing up, the more tools you bring the better.  Lawn mowers, rakes, gloves and hands will all help.

Plan on being out there from 10-6.

The more the merrier.

Thanks,

Jack

Reply in here if you can help, and please pass this information along.  Anounce at leagues, tell your friends.  If you have the means, put it on an airplane and fly it over the Royals game, then by all the disc courses in town.

I would appreciate it.

THanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Keizer

Re: Work Day August 3-Sunday
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 06:48:27 PM »
If my work schedule allows it, I will be there.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 10:42:17 AM »
I should be out to break more tools.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »
In case you missed it in the league results section......
We will work on:

#1 Where the pad will actually be placed, open up the trail....
#2 Opening for the mowers, and alt#1 pin (last item to work on)
#3 hillside
#5 Deep placement
#8 in front of pad, they cleared out #7 nicely, so we will spend a little time pruning it, but not much!!
#10 Deep placement
#15 New pin placement

We may look at additional holes that with a MAJOR tree down (#6) may allow us to create the hole to come up and out by the water, and then re use the shot that goes around the road that we used to do after the "cliff shot" that had a long walk.  I doubt we get to it, but hey it is a possibility!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Irand M

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:46:52 PM »
I can help for a few hours on Sunday, and I have tools.  Is there need for a chainsaw?  Where will I find you around 10?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 09:32:33 AM »
We will start by #10 first, then move to #8, chainsaws are good for the big honeysuckle that is around, it always helps!

Hands are great as well, as when you finish a tree having someone to yank it out is good as well.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
Today's work day was a somewhat productive day.  #10's long placement has been cleared out and moved.  And #1 may soon have an alternate T-Pad.  Jack, Let's do one more day of work to make a Tpad and debut it at the LDO.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »
What an incredible transformation to hole 1! :o

Dick, you talking about one more day of work on hole 1, or are you wanting to make a different tee pad somewhere else?

Anyhow, I had a great time working yesterday and getting to meet some cool people. I wish more folks would show up to these things...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:32:31 AM »
I'd like to thank Kevin Hart, and Joe hesting for all of thier help yesterday.  Without those guys showing up, nothing could have gotten done!! ???

Ok, so they were the only 2 that did not show up that siad they would.
Keizer
Dick
Winklebauer
Penney
Lowe
Timko
came out and kicked #10 out fast, then moved on to #1.... where we started to clear out the area that will be the tee pad.  For those of you that do not know, the area to bottom of the current location is actually where #1 will be located at.  You will play another BLIND shot up the hill and out, where there will be multiple pin settings.

We started to work on #8, but the heat prevailed after Gates.

Right now we plan on having workdays at Cliff in the evenings prior to the Lions Den, on the 19, 20, and 21 (Non E/C members) of August in preparation for the Lions Den Open on the 23rd.

I would like to make it ready so that on the following weekend we are all set up to put in the forms for the pads, so that we can then have the P&R get ready to pour, or bring in the concrete to make it happen.

I haev not yet determined if I am going to play or work tonight on the course, but it is looking good on the course with the exception of the shaggy grass, but hey, I'll take a mow now, and mow later closer to the LDO.....

Thanks to the folks that have volunteered this weekend, but more if not most importantly thanks to all of the people that have helped over the years.  Every year we do more and more to help this park become AWESOME, and every year we do it right!!

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 01:30:27 PM »
Kiezer, The actual area in which the Tpad will go needs a little more TLC but not much.  I'd like it to be able to hold 8-10 people out of the way.  So an area needs to be created.  I know Jack is going out there tonight to work on #8.  But I was thinking this weekend I didn't have anything going on and It'll be cooler I might want to construct the temp pad, and get it ready for concrete.  I myself am still debated if I'm going out there tonight at all.  FOr some reason it's easy to say I'd go outside while I'm sitting in the A/C.  I'll let you know on here if I'll be there Sat.  if you want to come out and work.  It'll be a 2 man job tops.

That goes for anyone.  I may have small work days out there leading up to the LDO for anyone that can help.  I'm thinking about erecting a small stage on #8.  The Tpad on #1 and any other LITTLE things we can do to just spice the course up.  Even Trash pick up.  I know #1 has a little more to do there.  There are only so many Diapers a man can pick up and throw at his fellow disc golfers in one day.  Sorry Kiezer
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 01:36:57 PM »
Oh Kiezer one more thing.  Is that pic of yours mike penny?    :)
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Keizer

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »
 :D

No, that is not Mike Penney, it is Fire Marshall Bill. Kinda looks like him but he needs to be holding a pole with a chainsaw on the end.

Saturday sounds good for tee work, just keep me posted...

This was not the first time I had come in contact with a dirty diaper, although it was the first time I had come in contact with a dirty diaper that wasn't my kids', or anyone elses' kids' that I know, or that had been sitting in the woods at Cliff Drive for God-knows-how-long and sweating out its contents of nastiness in the sweltering heat. I assure you, I have since been quarantined by the wife and thoroughly disinfected and detoxified!

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »
hah
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...