Author Topic: Some basic signs have been installed Down Under  (Read 3004 times)

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Some basic signs have been installed Down Under
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 04:42:08 pm »
Alright, I'll drop them off in a plain-wrapped brown paper package with "DICK" written in small, skinny, short, letters...

Keizer

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 08:16:09 pm »
 :D

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »
My buddy Steve and I were just talking about putting up some directional signs the other day - I believe I mentioned this to you Dick.  Anyway, we were thinking plywood painted hunter orange and put them throughout the course esp in places like 11 to 12.  Being a "newbie" to both disc golf and the course, I had a hard time the first few times knowing where to go, hence why I was thinking arrow signs.  Anyway, I'll talk to you about it Saturday (if the warden lets me out).
Jason

Keizer

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 04:24:25 pm »
Definitely need some directional signs, and "A"/"B" signs for holes with alt pads. I have a feeling DU is going to get a lot of attention in the coming months, and after that there won't be an issue with newbies getting lost down there.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 04:35:37 pm »
Definitely need some directional signs, and "A"/"B" signs for holes with alt pads. I have a feeling DU is going to get a lot of attention in the coming months, and after that there won't be an issue with newbies getting lost down there.

Not like it's the Bermuda Triangle... :)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2015: 3,2,39,2,66
2014: 3/57
2013: 4
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 04:43:09 pm »
My buddy Steve and I were just talking about putting up some directional signs the other day - I believe I mentioned this to you Dick.  Anyway, we were thinking plywood painted hunter orange and put them throughout the course esp in places like 11 to 12.  Being a "newbie" to both disc golf and the course, I had a hard time the first few times knowing where to go, hence why I was thinking arrow signs.  Anyway, I'll talk to you about it Saturday (if the warden lets me out).
Jason

I may be changed to Sunday.  It all depends on the weather for Sat morn.  There is talk of Snow.  DU and SNOW dont really work together but We'll see .  Keep looking here for updates.  Yes I think Bright colored pieces of BC in the somewhat shape work.  Another Idea I have is just a 12" section of 2x4 painted bright orange with the same idea.  And I think with be easier to cut quickly.  I did it for my mini course (using a YELLOW) and they look great.
Dick Parker
• 2014-15 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 02:17:26 pm »
Jason

I may be changed to Sunday.  It all depends on the weather for Sat morn.  There is talk of Snow.  DU and SNOW dont really work together but We'll see .  Keep looking here for updates.  Yes I think Bright colored pieces of BC in the somewhat shape work.  Another Idea I have is just a 12" section of 2x4 painted bright orange with the same idea.  And I think with be easier to cut quickly.  I did it for my mini course (using a YELLOW) and they look great.

Sounds good, Sunday it is.  I like the 2x4 idea, goes right along with what we were thinking; any sort of directional arrow that can easily be seen.
JP

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 10:37:08 am »
Can't do it Sunday morning, can work any time Saturday.
Jason

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56:21 pm »
I saw the signs! Lookin' good. Thanks.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 08:08:53 pm »
Today we put up orange arrows to help guide new players around the course.  Also we put up yellow arrows to show alternate tee pads.  Hope everyone likes it.
Dick Parker
• 2014-15 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 02:55:27 pm »
Saw them this AM, good work gents!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

DistortedGamer

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 11:51:08 am »
Great signs!! Thanks, I was just posting this question in a different thread! Thats awesome! Now I know which course I am going to play next! Really excited to play DU, never tried it yet!

Thanks again!