Author Topic: Some basic signs have been installed Down Under  (Read 2689 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Some basic signs have been installed Down Under
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »
Alright, I'll drop them off in a plain-wrapped brown paper package with "DICK" written in small, skinny, short, letters...

Keizer

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 08:16:09 PM »
 :D

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
My buddy Steve and I were just talking about putting up some directional signs the other day - I believe I mentioned this to you Dick.  Anyway, we were thinking plywood painted hunter orange and put them throughout the course esp in places like 11 to 12.  Being a "newbie" to both disc golf and the course, I had a hard time the first few times knowing where to go, hence why I was thinking arrow signs.  Anyway, I'll talk to you about it Saturday (if the warden lets me out).
Jason

Keizer

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »
Definitely need some directional signs, and "A"/"B" signs for holes with alt pads. I have a feeling DU is going to get a lot of attention in the coming months, and after that there won't be an issue with newbies getting lost down there.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 04:35:37 PM »
Definitely need some directional signs, and "A"/"B" signs for holes with alt pads. I have a feeling DU is going to get a lot of attention in the coming months, and after that there won't be an issue with newbies getting lost down there.

Not like it's the Bermuda Triangle... :)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »
My buddy Steve and I were just talking about putting up some directional signs the other day - I believe I mentioned this to you Dick.  Anyway, we were thinking plywood painted hunter orange and put them throughout the course esp in places like 11 to 12.  Being a "newbie" to both disc golf and the course, I had a hard time the first few times knowing where to go, hence why I was thinking arrow signs.  Anyway, I'll talk to you about it Saturday (if the warden lets me out).
Jason

I may be changed to Sunday.  It all depends on the weather for Sat morn.  There is talk of Snow.  DU and SNOW dont really work together but We'll see .  Keep looking here for updates.  Yes I think Bright colored pieces of BC in the somewhat shape work.  Another Idea I have is just a 12" section of 2x4 painted bright orange with the same idea.  And I think with be easier to cut quickly.  I did it for my mini course (using a YELLOW) and they look great.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 02:17:26 PM »
Jason

I may be changed to Sunday.  It all depends on the weather for Sat morn.  There is talk of Snow.  DU and SNOW dont really work together but We'll see .  Keep looking here for updates.  Yes I think Bright colored pieces of BC in the somewhat shape work.  Another Idea I have is just a 12" section of 2x4 painted bright orange with the same idea.  And I think with be easier to cut quickly.  I did it for my mini course (using a YELLOW) and they look great.

Sounds good, Sunday it is.  I like the 2x4 idea, goes right along with what we were thinking; any sort of directional arrow that can easily be seen.
JP

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »
Can't do it Sunday morning, can work any time Saturday.
Jason

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »
I saw the signs! Lookin' good. Thanks.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
Today we put up orange arrows to help guide new players around the course.  Also we put up yellow arrows to show alternate tee pads.  Hope everyone likes it.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »
Saw them this AM, good work gents!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

DistortedGamer

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
Great signs!! Thanks, I was just posting this question in a different thread! Thats awesome! Now I know which course I am going to play next! Really excited to play DU, never tried it yet!

Thanks again!