Author Topic: Mowing has begun, 8/6  (Read 980 times)

Keizer

Mowing has begun, 8/6
« on: August 06, 2008, 05:29:42 PM »
Saw the edge mowers and weed eater guys out at Cliff this afternoon. Must be time for a much-needed haircut! 8)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mowing has begun, 8/6
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »
I was thinking about going out Saturday Morning and finishing up #1.  I know there is some trash to clean out and also weed eat where the pad will be.  Which since our last work day has somewhat moved.  btw Jack did you mark that area or do you want me to just guess.  I think I know where you want it.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Keizer

Major dumpage on #1 since recent work day
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »
Theiss and I played Cliff today, the lawn is gorgeous, and the course is playing great.  There has, however, been some major dumping that has taken place since we worked on #1 this past Sunday. Someone dumped what appears to be pieces consisting of an entire deck. By the looks of it, a huge, wide, long deck. Someone's house was extremely well-endowed before its deck was removed from it and dumped onto our course!

Anyway, Dick, if you want to build a platform by #8 I'm sure there's plenty of wood there for you. In fact, there's MAJOR wood there for you...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
Are you going to play sat morning ?  I still plan on going out there and doing some work.  I was hoping to get some extra hands but if you have other plans just lemme know. 

So that goes for anyone who wants to help with a small work day tommorrow morning.  Start around 10am and finish by 1pm.  913-206-7157 call if you can make it or have any questions.  We need a chain saw and people willing to pick up trash.  And maybe build a small stage out of wood. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Keizer

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 05:17:58 PM »
I'm going to try to swing by Cliff sometime tomorrow, Dick, but I don't know if it'll be as early as 10am. I've had a few people ask me about getting out for a round EARLY Saturday, so I may go along with that instead. It's been a while since I've had a nice casual round with a group of people...

Keizer

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »
Went by Cliff early this AM, bagged up the rest of the trash on #1, and left the bags up top by the road for P&R to pick up. Time to get some sleep...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 01:13:38 PM »
Wel I would have went out there but no one seemed interested.  I'm going out tommorrow morning early and working a little .
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »
It would have been a bit of an ordeal yesterday, Dick. The cops had every entrance shut down and the bike folks seemed to have the place all to themselves. I just happened to finish with that trash just as they were arriving.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 10:53:43 PM »
No worries I got drunk Sat night a forgot to wake up sun and then had to paint my house so I'm lazy anyway.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...