Author Topic: City leaders have "plan" for Cliff Drive reservoir  (Read 3602 times)

Keizer

City leaders have "plan" for Cliff Drive reservoir
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
Anybody catch the Local section of today's KC Star? There is an article at the bottom of the front page pertaining to the reservoir at Cliff Drive and what the city is planning to do with it. I can barely contain my excitement here-- it's not going to be a skate park or basketball facility or some other boring sh!t like that, no, it's going to be...

DRUMROLL PLEASE...

A reflecting pool. :-\

I suppose I'm glad to see SOMETHING being done with it, but have mostly mixed feelings on this one. Guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

***EDIT***

I found the online version. Pretty good article:

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/742427.html
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:16:40 PM by Keizer »

MOSPARKY

Re: City leaders have "plan" for Cliff Drive reservoir
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:55:45 PM »
 I would like to see many improvements to the courses around town.  I like the enthusiasm of anyone wanting to upgrade any park.  trash may be dumped at cliff drive, but maybe sometime in the future people will start to respect this park as well as others.  People that think that a park is hopeless are not the kind of people that this club needs.  TW has done alot for this club and guys like me have not, so maybe that gives him the right.  i guess i'll take enthusiasm and drive over sarcasm anyday!!!!!!

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »
With it's location in relation to hole #18, one could 'reflect' on the good/poor round they just completed!

Seriously though, I will be SHOCKED is this ever comes to fruition.
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 01:19:39 PM »
The problem with trying to do ANYTHING inside the resevoir is risky.  It unfortunatly is a bad neighbor hood that does need nice things to bring in outside intrest and run the bad off.  BUT putting anything in to a hidden spot like that is just asking for trouble.  We have enough problems with our course getting vadalized in areas where the holes are more tucked away.  I believe they should spend a little money first and take out the ONE road out that cross the top of the course, and then just have a parking lot at the top where we can start on old hold #1.  Maybe then the dumping will at least slow down on the course itself.   I don't really know what we can do to make it a better course other than playing it more often. The more disc golfers on the course the better.  Look at rosy and waterworks.  In the 90s Rosy was on the news every week for some Gay prostitution / Drug ring or some Chester the Molester.  Now the only time I see it when there is a disc golf event or some guy dyin from louging down the hill.  Spell check that Timbo.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Keizer

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 01:40:37 PM »
Why are they always named "Chester"?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 03:02:02 PM »
I didn't know how better to type baby F$%&r.  I guess maybe perv would suit?
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 03:09:09 PM »
EZ there boys  ::)

If we hear more about the city putting in a reflecting pool, we'll remind them how they hardly have the money to keep things going as they are, and they will probably conveniently find more DBs in there right away.

Let's play some Disc Golf!!
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
Yeah, the first thing I thought of was the floaters they'd find in there. I think Tracy is right, unfortunately. The reservoir would be best off being filled in and smoothed over. A fountain up there would be kinda cool, if we could incorporate a tee pad or basket into it...

gott1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »
They need to fill it in and build a police station on top of it  ;D    but seriously they need to fill it in and take out the top road like dick said. it can only get better!!!!!!!!!

lz
ELZA GOTT

LOCAL DISC GOLFER

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 07:29:55 AM »
Yes filling it would be an ideal situation.  Then you could have a playground or skatepark or something that could be viewed by everyone and not hidden to cause problems.  And I'd like to point out, this is now twice someone has agreed with me.  Something wrong with society.  Beat your kids. :o
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 08:10:22 AM »
Yes filling it would be an ideal situation.  Then you could have a playground or skatepark or something that could be viewed by everyone and not hidden to cause problems.  And I'd like to point out, this is now twice someone has agreed with me.  Something wrong with society.  Beat your kids. :o

I can't wait for the day that my kid beats you!!

From your league scores lately, doesn't seem like that's too far off!!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

KCNorthEastGuy

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 09:20:03 AM »
My wife talked me into moving into the NorthEast last year.  We bought a house in the core of the area and besides 1 neighbor that is WEIRD it has been a really good experience.  Every time I have ran down to Cliff to play a round I have seen the cars close to Hole #1 area "hanging out".  No one has ever hassled me, I have played basketball with a bunch of kids with my son there a couple of times and even had some walkers out by #4 stop and talk to me and ask what disc golf was about...to my surprise.  So what am I missing with all the bodies dumped comments? I know the NorthEast gets its name for a reason---but I see progress in the area and talking more and more about dumping bodies and the like will just keep that "rap" alive...so what am I missing gang?

And beyond that llittle rant--I would love to see something done with that area--wasted and ugly space in the middle of the park.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

I can't wait for the day that my kid beats you!!

From your league scores lately, doesn't seem like that's too far off!!!

Well any day now you will be a happy father of a little Dick or Jack... and then you can train him ... Work with the boy.. But I swear to you.. He will be just like us.  bwahahahhahaahahah
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 12:02:44 PM »
So what am I missing with all the bodies dumped comments?

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2007/08/walker-finds-de.html

I think he knows what has happened in the area Timdumb he just wants to know why we harp on it.  Which I understand but the truth still remains it has it's share of problems.  And we as disc golfers can only do what we have been doing and stay present.  The more live bodies we have watching over our parks the less not so live ones we have show up.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...