Author Topic: Work Day? 8/16?  (Read 956 times)

KCNorthEastGuy

Work Day? 8/16?
« on: August 15, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »
To whomever I guess---I know that LD is coming up and just wanted to offer up some of my services tomorrow morning (earlier the better) to do some work.  Never really "worked" a course but learn quick--I figure play it enough need to start helping take care of it!

Let me know!

Keizer

Re: Work Day? 8/16?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
A couple suggestions:

There are some bags of trash near the makeshift "memorial" on #1 that probably need to be moved down to the pile of trash/brush on #8's fairway-- P&R is supposed to remove all of that stuff sooner or later.

#2 and #3 could use their fairways mowed again.

Wish I could help, but it's the last weekend before the kiddos start school, so we're gonna hang out this weekend. You guys have fun, though! 8)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »
There will be 3 work days before the LDO.  8-19 8-20 8-21.  We will work in the evening around 6.  So no leagues for Jack and myself.   Monday night Jack has said after he gets league going he will be working .. So anyone available there will be things to do.. We are making a plea to the parks to give us one more mow this week and the rest will just be clean up the park and finishing up hole #1.

Moving the trash down to the pile on #8 is a great idea.  If it is not moved in time for the party we will use it to dump the parties trash in order to keep it all together for the city.

Anything you can do on any day at any time is appreciated...
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 11:25:09 AM »
The memorial has been removed.  The trash was picked up and placed by #8 where the P&R will pick up next week.  The new teeing area for #1 is underway.

Thanks to:
Dick Parker
Paul Eklund
Dirk Hacker
Mike Penney
Mike Spady
Jack Lowe
for working on #1, 3, 8 last night the course looks better.  We have a ways to go!!  This is the start!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Keizer

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:45:15 PM »
You guys kicked all kinds of ass out there last night. I dragged my wife out for a round this afternoon, and she even commented about how cool the cliff looks next to #8.

Just a concern about the memorial; I believe the 1-year anniversary of the girl's body being found there is 8/23, the same day of the LDO. Considering the recent encounter involving a few of us at league the other week and a member of the slain woman's family (we thought she was dumping trash, turned out she was "visiting" and was moving the bags of trash we had gathered away from the memorial), the possibility occured to me that there may be some sort of gathering by friends/family of the deceased on that day.

Rick and I were actually discussing that memorial the last time I was at DGW, and we both agreed that the thing needed to go. I was going to do it one night after work, but was planning on waiting until after the 1-year anniversary since it was so close. I just hope that it being removed when it was is not construed as offensive or ill-timed by any friends or family that might gather there that day.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:56:17 PM »
You guys kicked all kinds of ass out there last night. I dragged my wife out for a round this afternoon, and she even commented about how cool the cliff looks next to #8.

Just a concern about the memorial; I believe the 1-year anniversary of the girl's body being found there is 8/23, the same day of the LDO. Considering the recent encounter involving a few of us at league the other week and a member of the slain woman's family (we thought she was dumping trash, turned out she was "visiting" and was moving the bags of trash we had gathered away from the memorial), the possibility occured to me that there may be some sort of gathering by friends/family of the deceased on that day.

Rick and I were actually discussing that memorial the last time I was at DGW, and we both agreed that the thing needed to go. I was going to do it one night after work, but was planning on waiting until after the 1-year anniversary since it was so close. I just hope that it being removed when it was is not construed as offensive or ill-timed by any friends or family that might gather there that day.

Great, we're going to have a gaggle of street girls chasing us and trying to kill us with their stds.

Oh and what did you think of our little brush wall on 8?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:00:09 PM by dickthediscparker »
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist