Author Topic: Whats the word on the course?  (Read 2752 times)

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Whats the word on the course?
« on: March 05, 2005, 06:09:30 PM »
What the news on the course any? :?:
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 12:25:21 AM »
No news on the course as of yet. Plans are to have the pins in by the City of Fountains Classic July 16th.

I know Dan and Jim are working hard on making this the "Best Course in the World". I believe there will be a big need for help at some point. When that time comes at will be posted.

There is a nine hole "Juniors Course" set up, that is interesting and fun to play if you already haven't.

Stay tuned here as more information will soon follow.............. 8)
Mike Penney

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 06:02:25 PM »
In know that we want to use it for the Wide Open Doubles as well, so hopefully the pins and a temp setup will be in prior to that.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:59:29 PM »
Now is it going to have concrete tee pads.. And is the city going to help at all or just the club?

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 01:13:33 PM »
Checked this place out last weekend while visiting KC.  I saw at least 6 baskets, but didn't try to figure out where the tees were supposed to be.  Seems like it's mostly open with tons of trees on the perimeter.  The area looked more interesting in the south side of the park.  Is that where the back nine will be?  

Gotta say this looks like a great course waiting to happen.  With the characters that hang out in this area though... I hope there is no trouble.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
Thats a Jr. 9 course they have not put in the 18 hole one yet..

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 11:10:24 PM »
No, I was referring to some baskets they already have in for the 18 holer.  Someone said that the front 9 was in, but not the back.

I played the 9 holer Jr. course.  I was a little disappointed.  I was hoping for short, but technical.  Instead, I see that the holes are all wide open.  Same type of shot on most every hole.  The only hole that I like was #4 going down towards the water with one tree on the right.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 11:42:46 PM »
They are still working on the final design of the course ( i.e. where to put shorter tee's) the fornt nine have been decided on, it's the back nine that they are still tinkering with. Yes there are some baskets scattered around the park, if you played there the last time the temp course was set up you would know where the tee's are. It's too hard to explain in words on a computer to tell anyone. My suggestion would be to come out for the KC Wide Open and play the doubles round or make it to the up coming work days that will be posted as more information is avilable.I'm not sure to waht degree the city will be involved with the pads Tim, I would guess that it will be the club that does the work
Mike Penney

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 07:45:15 AM »
Well well well the truth comes out now.. :lol: J/K thats cool I did not know about that well penny you'll have to met up with me sometime up their and show me around. And is the doubles open to all?

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 12:46:05 AM »
Who's going to play this weekend?  Bummer no H20.  No doubles before KCWO meant I couldn't interrogate anyone on the course design.  Maybe after this weekend?  Dick said that it is the longest in the world.  Even if this is given as not true, to make such a claim would mean it is at least 1200 feet?  Post when the maps are finished.  I gotta see this!

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 04:42:51 PM »
I don't know the exact length of the course, but Blue Valley Park is around 360 arces, and the course is using about 160-180 arces. There diffently not another course in the world like it. I believe this course will have a hand in changing the face of Disc Golf. Every single hole is a challenge, and makes you think about your shot. Lots of elevation changes (with an awsome view every where you look), it is described as Water Works on steriods! Which holds very true in my humble opinion. The maps have been made, and will be avilable soon. Lots of par 5's and par 4's. This course is the next step in Disc Golf, and I can't wait to see the touring pro's play it at the next KC Wide Open.
Mike Penney

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 05:30:51 PM »
Ummm Maps.... Well I just walked the course today it is very long Think I got the lay down figured out.
Lets see
1:Right of Shellter house 2"Little one" Out toward the pond Very long On way by look to the left to see Basket 9
2:Left of 1's basket down hill
3:Right off 2 on road bottom side of pond out into the back side of course
4-7:in back side of course Did not walk that part did not find tell I was driving around
8:Left of basket 2 way out to the left of the road
9:Left of 8 back a little by tree out though the wooded area back toward basket 1
10:Right of 9 back to the shelter house
11:Looking at shelter house its to the right But you throw back toward 8's area
12:Back to shelter house
13-16:Did not walk was tired Very long walk but it was back up and down to and from the house
17-18:On other side of the road from the shelter house did not walk but drove past 18 did not see 17 but it has to be right there some ware

All and All looks to be very very challangeing course.  Might take 3-4 hours to play on a hot day Bring plenty of water and arm lots of arm...
I think wenday me and a couple of my buddys are going to play it about 4.