Author Topic: 07-11-05 league  (Read 1642 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
07-11-05 league
« on: July 12, 2005, 03:14:38 PM »
16 out for league on a hot, calm evening. An interesting thing happened during the round. Ben Taylor and the lovely Susan Taylor both signed up for league, but were on different cards. Ben was on my card, and on hole 17 Ben hits a 150 foot par save shot. Whooping and shouting, Ben was heard all the way over at hole 3 by Susan and her card. Seconds later, Susan hits a 120 foot shot! There is always something happening at Olathe league that makes you just scratch your head and say wtf?

Otto shot a hot -11 last night in the near perfect conditions.

Come on out to Monday league. The ACE fund is recovering from multiple hits this summer.

OPEN (12)
Otto S.       43
Leo D.        48
Bryan G.     49
Tom Butler  50
Brad M.       50
Ben T.         52
Chris D.      53
Vlad W.       56
Dustin H.     57
Dan C.        57
Mark M.      58
Beckett C.   59  <also wtf?

Amateur (4)
Andy L.      59
David J.     60
Bob H.       61
Susan T.    65

Mad Dog

07-11-05 league
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 08:12:01 AM »
Well, well, if it wasn't the Taylor traveling show extravaganza. I can say I know a bit of what it sounded like. Last winter at Water Works the Taylors and co. played through our card around the ninth hole and then when we were on 11th they were on the 12th. Susan hit a long upshot and their card went crazy. I guess Susan is still in fine form and Ben had to stepped up because he just couldn't let his wife take all the limelight.

Congrats to the young couple, lets see you two do that at Blue Valley!

-Christian

Warren

07-11-05 league
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 10:54:26 PM »
Hey people,

I've been thinking about coming to the league, but those scores are pretty intimidating.  I  started playing at a recreational level last summer and I think I would enjoy getting involved with KCFDC, but you guys seem out of my league! (pardon the pun)

I'm thinking there are probably others that feel the same way.  What would you guys say to someone like me?

Oh by the way, I tried the new player's league at Rosedale.  If I lived closer to Rosedale, I'd probably do that more often, but it's a sizeable commute.

Thanks,

Warren

tjringer

Intimidating
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 08:15:46 AM »
Warren - Olathe league is definately the place for you to play as a beginner.  The amateur league is a "handi-cap" league.  Not only will you get to meet and play with great people but you will get a handi-cap to keep you in the competition.  Also, there is no better way to improve your game than playing with better people.  You can watch their methods, ask questions and pick up all sorts of tips.  Leagues are definately the place to play.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
07-11-05 league
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 08:14:49 AM »
Warren,
There is a new players league at Rosedale as well. I would suggest you try both leagues. Of course at Rosedale you have to put up with that Klunel guy.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
07-11-05 league
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 03:51:41 PM »
As a newbie, if no one gives you crap over a lousy shot, something's wrong!

It's intended as fun, believe me.  We've all been there, heck I still am much of the time.  Any of the league situations are great for learning and improving.

As for the Club, it's for ANYONE, no matter what skill level.  If you can pick up a rake, you're welcomed into the Club!  ;)

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!