Author Topic: ACE fund  (Read 1063 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
ACE fund
« on: July 13, 2005, 08:16:35 AM »
If the ACE fund in the City of Fountains isn't hit, it is donated to the club? I thought the way the Emporia club had the "ring of fire" for the ACE fund was cooler.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
ACE fund
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:52:16 AM »
maybe cooler, but we make so little money at these things Tom that it makes sense that it is a gamble and the (pardon the pun) "House" wins....

There are a few of them out there, at the Mighty MO someone hit it at Cliff Drive, so I would not be surprised if it gets hit.  In the past I have usually done a 50/50 split CTP at the end of the round, but I think that people will be tired, and honestly we have MAJOR $$$$ that are going to be continuing as we add Blue Valley, Cliff Drive, Shawnee Mission Park, Heritage Park, Hidden Valley Park over teh next 3 yrs.  If we get it, at most it will be an additional $180 to the club, seems pretty ok for the countless hours of work that a few of us have done to contiinue to bring this level of golf here, and at a rental rate of $600-$700 for the bobcat last weekend, $$$ vanishes quickly!!
:)

Of course there are those that feel that I am (or the club) a bunch of scamming players weak payout beotches, and I can live with that, because I know the reality!
:)

Reality is thart I typically donate, time money and energy for us to play, as do a FEW others, but our courses are great, and I don't complain too much about it.

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
ACE fund
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 07:44:43 AM »
I appreciate all that the volunteers do. I know how much work and money it takes to develop courses. I can still remember myself and Ned Smethers hand digging and forming 9 tee boxes on the original Olathe course. I can remember myself, my father-in-law, my brother in law, and my wife building/welding the 18 baskets and chain assemblys which were later sold. I remember mowing and weed eating all the putting circles before the Big O several years in a row, and hacking out, mowing and setting up a temp course two years in a row for the Big O. Of course, my labors and personal expenditures were long ago, and not nearly as signifigant as all the things that have been going on recently.
 Like I said, I REALLY appreciate all that the club, and especially the folks that get out and work their asses off to give me more places to play do.
 The club keeping the ACE fund if not hit is none of my business. I only commented because I just played the Glass Blown and thought the playoff for the ACE fund was fun.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
ACE fund
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 10:17:39 PM »
No prob!

The work of many people before I was here is what really made the difference.  I am just lucky to piggyback on the hard work that others did!

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mad Dog

ACE fund
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 08:01:18 AM »
Yeah Jack, politics is dirty business, but someone has got to do it. Thanks El Presidente. You still have my support and vote on the matter. You know I'm not much of a pay to play Disc Golfer but I do put my time in on the courses.  I look forward to seeeing the new courses come on line. I know we have got it good in this KC hood. maD doG, Christian.[/quote]