As a beginner this summer at this fine sport of disc golf, I have tried to play as many courses as I can get around to.
So here is my list as a person that cannot throw the dang thing 800 feet
1. Water Works Park - Just a fantastic design and great views of the city. Long enough to challenge but short enough to reach.
2. Pleasant Hill - It is the most well maintained park I have played. Not as challenging, but I enjoy getting a 2 or 2 in my round
The rough part for me is the distance from my house
3. Rosedale Up_Top - Being that I live in Mid_Town it is the closest for me to go play. I love this place and I love that they change the layout so frequently.
4. Rosedale Down_Under - Again it is just a great park and having this kind of versitle counterpart to the Up_Top is outstanding.
5. Shawnee Mission Park - It is pretty far out of the way for me but the park is really nice. I like that the really long holes are down hill.
6. Prairie Center - I just played this course on Thursday. The challenge of having all of the trees around was a great way to design this course. The mix of holes was a real delight.
7. Swope - I think I would gravitate to this one a little more if they could clear out the gulch. If a disk makes it's way there, there it will stay
However, I have still had a great time each time I have played it.
8. Cliff Drive - From what I hear a lot of people have done a lot of work since I played it last. I was out there the one and only time in late May. It was really overgrown and as others have mentioned the neighborhood is tough to look past. I parked my car right on gang graffiti and that didn't sit well with me. I will give it another chance after knowing what I know now. (But this is my list today.)
9. WYCO - This course is just so long that I felt like I had just gotten my junk stepped on by the time I was done. Throwing my Viking into the pond on 14 didn't help my spirit out either.
That is all of the courses that I have played this summer. It has been a great addition to my life and I really enjoy the community that surrounds it. I would love to help out as we get our city ready for the Worlds next summer. So please let me know what I can do!