Author Topic: Course Report  (Read 5067 times)

tjringer

Letting it stop ya...
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 02:22:35 PM »
Well, if you're not going to let it stop you why would you care how it was set up?  You're going to let it stop you if it's set up long?  Again.. statement makes no sense.

But, as to online chainmail - the problem with this is that only a small fraction of the club members participate in online services.  You'd still have to cater to those who don't, effectively creating twice the "volunteer" work.  As it's hard enough to get the volunteer force you want as it is I can't see making more "volunteer" work to be done that won't get done.  Makes no sense :)

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Course Report
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 03:30:26 PM »
Has there been any thought to say setting all baskets on say "red" pin setting then you could just have some way, a posting at the board on the course that in red. That way everyone know hey all the baskets are set on the red settings. Just a thought, It would solve some of the thought on this post.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Course Report
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 11:24:15 PM »
Quote from: "A-Lefty"
I personally couldn't care less how any of the courses are set. I have what I consider the best course in KC (Blue Valley) 5 minutes from my house to go play. That and all the time I have put into Cliff Drive, I really don't feel the need to go to the other courses in town. At the same time I'm not always going to be 30, some day God willing I will be 60+ and won't be able to walk either of those courses, so hosedale would be my alternative as it is flat.

Did you not read what I wrote, BJ??? Apparently not. As far as creating twice the volunteer work. You have to put the chain mail on a computer to be printed anyway, so it's not a far streach to put it here as well. League scores are posted here once a week (except Rosedale) so what's wrong with doing a little more typing?

What's wrong with wanting to know what courses are short, medium, or long? We have the tools and the abilty to provide that information. It's possible. It just has to be done. So if I'm still not making sense, then your still thinking inside the box!
Mike Penney

tjringer

Nothing...
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 09:08:33 PM »
Nothing wrong with doing a little more typing at all except for the fact that you can barely get the amount of typing you want in the first place done.  Is this fact alluding you Pennee?

Yes.. now I get the fact that you want to know how a course is set up so you can effectively select which one is shortest to play incase you are tired and or injured because that really makes a difference at that point.

Again.. more volunteer work to be done when you lack the volunteers to do it.  :)  Point and case...

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Course Report
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 10:31:54 AM »
for over 25 years, right or wrong, the club tradition in kc has usually been: think of a good idea and run with it. all you computer savvy guys who post and post and post on this board get together and put out the club news letter.  bingo! it gets mailed and it's on the club website.

thanks in advance.

maurice richard geuazinier
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

tjringer

hah..
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 10:49:22 AM »
It seems your comment has yet to be responded too!  Well geauni-baby.. I'm way to damn lazy to do that.  As I've stated before, now a days with how much I work I prefer to use my free time to actually play disc golf rather than do slave lab... I mean volunteer work for it.

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Course Report
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 04:08:12 PM »
only 5 days to get a response. I assumed everyone was out improving their game.
the message remains the same: if you see something you thinks needs doing, step up and help in person. try the personal appearance approach and come to league, help pick trash and limbs on the course while you play, or put out the newsletter.
dan cashen waited for someone to do something then he realized he was someone. we should all be so lucky to contribute a tenth as much to kc disc as danny already has. if we could just teach him how to get into a bobcat.

mrg
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Course Report
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2005, 04:52:53 PM »
Yes, big Props to Dan and his efforts, if only we had 100 more like him. Anyways, I see the chainmail via snailmail becoming an old way of sending the information.

The way I see it, the website is continually evolving. the hope is that we can organize an online database with member info that helps dynamically get a lot of this info out. Ultimately we will have an opt-in to recieve snailmail, otherwise you will recieve chainmails in your inbox.

We are not there yet, it make take until next year to get some improvements, but they are being worked on. I would like to have more interactive tools online for CC to be able to update scoring, course placements quick and easy. i'd like to see people sign up or renew for the club online first and foremost.

Lots and lots of items to do, few volunteers, especially in coding databases/web interfaces. We are headed that way. CC's will have more on there plate in the coming years in regards to keeping info up to date on there course.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Course Report
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2005, 08:34:50 PM »
Chainmail will be combined email, web-based, and snailmail.  Options will be posed to every club member and faithful sponsor.  Those who don't respond will get the snailmail--with luck most will choose email.

I say this with only a little reserve, since nothing has officially been decided as far as format, but rest assured that things will be happening soon with KC Chainmail.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

tjringer

Slippery Bob Cats!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 08:51:46 AM »
I think the bobcat probably just gave him back a little punishment for the years of hell Dan has put them through while reshaping the earth to fit his vision..

Dan rocks!