Author Topic: Break in @ Swope  (Read 2342 times)

The Samurai

• Am Poster
Break in @ Swope
« on: October 02, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
This morning around 10 AM my car was broken into out @ Swope.  Unfortunately for them they only stole my backpack and camel back.  All I had in there was my planner, some magazines, pens and pencils, and some CDs.  Unfortunately for me they stole my planner and I have to pay to have my window replaced. 

I think this move was pretty ballsy to pull off in broad day light. 

You never know...

rBw

Keizer

Re: Break in @ Swope
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:33:10 PM »
Man, sorry to hear about that. Were you parked on the road or in the parking lot? Always seem to see shady characters lurking in that parking lot...

The Samurai

• Am Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 02:59:53 AM »
...on the road friend...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »
That SUCKS.  The road, a quick car passing by sees a lone car, may have a fast attempt, but I wonder if they would have drove into the parking area? 

Even with the shady characters at all parks, typically you see them at least and make a mental note of where they are and what they are driving.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:17:51 AM »
Mental note to self- Add Swope to the list of courses to pack at. CCW...you gotta love it!
For a good time: Lat- 39°25'8.92"N, Long- 94°33'18.52"W

kohjahk

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 01:14:59 PM »
That SUCKS.  The road, a quick car passing by sees a lone car, may have a fast attempt, but I wonder if they would have drove into the parking area?

They do not discrimate against street vs. the parking lot.  I actually know of 4 instances of parking lot break ins and this is the first one I've heard of out on the street.  I think it's just a matter of opportunity or level of crack induced highness.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »

They do not discrimate against street vs. the parking lot.  I actually know of 4 instances of parking lot break ins and this is the first one I've heard of out on the street.  I think it's just a matter of opportunity or level of crack induced highness.

Why do you got to go and bring crack into this?   ;D
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

kohjahk

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 01:29:52 PM »

If they weren't on crack or trying to fund crack purchases I would still guess crack was involved!

Keizer

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 04:48:11 PM »

If they weren't on crack or trying to fund crack purchases I would still guess crack was involved!

As evidenced by Samurai having to replace his window, although it likely shattered completely...

The Samurai

• Am Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »
Oh it shattered all right! 

Interesting update to the story...

Just today a woman called me and told me that her mom found my backpack!!! 

The fact that there was nothing of value in it surely means who ever broke in certainly needed some cash. 

Who knows what for, but times are hard right now.