Author Topic: Swope League - 15 Oct 2008  (Read 1256 times)

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Swope League - 15 Oct 2008
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »
7 out for a dreary day of golf.  The rain stayed away yesterday though.

With the waning hours of light and the smaller attendance, we'll be doing some sort of doubles league next week.  Please be there before 5 so we can start as close to 5 as possible.

Steve Harris - 54
Jason Lyon - 55
Chris Timko - 55
Fred Fortson - 58
TJ Ring - 59
Andre Labuyere - 60
Bret Long - 64

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Swope Love Society
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:58:03 PM »
For those of you that assist in keeping Swope beatified (as in saintly), the parks department gave us a big thank you, especially on trash detail.
They are mowing today.
The fire hydrant on 6 has been fixed, so it is slowly drying out on 7 fairway. Of course old smoosh area is a mess. I have asked for grass seed from the parks. (On order)
There is a case of trashbags in the PRoShop, and I will keep a few in the magrack for easy access.
I have coordinated with the can pickers on timing of leagues and special events.
Now if we can only get rid of the bottles. I suggest if you bring it in, pack it out, as is done in national parks. Besides, they are not legal in any city park anyway. (2 cents)
The flag on 8 has been replaced.
The moles have taken over the ProShop. Call ahead for reservations to their parties.
The leaves are turning, oh be still my beating heart.

Slimacious[/glow][/b][/i][/u][/s]
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Swope League - 15 Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »
now i'm just wondering if our course coordinator is ever going to move the pins again?

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Swope Love Society (SLS)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:29:47 PM »
Though I am not the sanctioned KCFDC course coordinator of the year, through the Swope Love Society (SLS) James Arnold, Dan Coffman, and Mark Stiles randomly move baskets. I move some occasionally, but generally do trash and grass seed, minor trimming. Per a dicussion last night, Nathan Fishback and Brian Phisherman will have keys to locks to carry on the great tradition of "Basket, basket, where's the basket?"

Swope Love Society
Ain't your regular gay league!

Slimminy[50pt=/size]

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
If possible, can the 1st 6 pins be short, next 6 be in the middle, and 3rd 6 be long?  I think we're going to do 666 doubles on Tuesday.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 03:06:59 AM »
If possible, can the 1st 6 pins be short, next 6 be in the middle, and 3rd 6 be long?  I think we're going to do 666 doubles on Tuesday.

Damn, and I was going to remember my knee brace next week to play.  No offense, and I like playing doubles, but I hate worst shot, and I really hate random draw worst shot.  Just my .$02....if you like tough/worst shot, go out there and have fun.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »
We're not going to do worst shot. 

1st 6 - Alt Shot
2nd 6 - Best Score
3rd 6 - Best Shot

That's if the course gets set up the way i want.  Hell, we may just do Best Shot for the entire thing, or if 5 people show up, we'll play Wolf.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 04:34:47 AM »
We're not going to do worst shot. 

1st 6 - Alt Shot
2nd 6 - Best Score
3rd 6 - Best Shot

That's if the course gets set up the way i want.  Hell, we may just do Best Shot for the entire thing, or if 5 people show up, we'll play Wolf.

OK, I may come out now Tuesday, depending on the weather.  Knee brace worked great for football.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Pins moved
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
Per Mr Furthur request, most of the pins have been moved, more or less to 666. Some hole only have 1 0r 2 locations, so I flipped a disc..

Thanx to Dan & DanCrew & Dave H/Gavin Crew for helping.

Schwag on Garth.

Slimmy[/glow][/size][/glow][/s][/u][/i][/b]