Author Topic: League Scores  (Read 1360 times)

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
League Scores
« on: July 15, 2005, 05:23:57 PM »
Just thought that placing the league scores under one thread might be a bit more easier verses having to click through each thread.
Mike Penney

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
League Scores
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 05:37:40 PM »
I personally like them in seperate threads.  But to each their own.  I just noticed you did that for every league.  But what happens when people start replying to specific happening for that week?  Then the thread becomes a mess.  

That's just my opinion.

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
League Scores
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 05:40:40 PM »
Well if they were all on one thread as the season progresses you can see them all at once, and see how the scorses progress ( or get worse). Think of it as a folder on your computer, that all you have to do is click and see whats inside.
Mike Penney

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
League Scores
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 05:44:48 PM »
Quote from: "A-Lefty"
Well if they were all on one thread as the season progresses you can see them all at once, and see how the scorses progress ( or get worse). Think of it as a folder on your computer, that all you have to do is click and see whats inside.

I dont know, I like them by date to me that makes it easier to find.  Like my folders on my computer are all organized by alphabetically, or date.  They are not all one big file.

For the course reports you need to stickie that at the top, and only give access to the course coordinators or site moderators.  So not just anyone can say "Hey they cut the grass finally at Rosedale or something."

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
League Scores
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 05:49:41 PM »
you can still post the dates in the subject line....... course reports are anonther thing that would be great if people use it... it would be nice to know if a course is a mile long, or really short before actually getting to the course. While freshly cut grass might not mean much to you, it is something that other care about as well. I know that I do and it makes a difference on choosing a course to play. Also someone can report on fallen trees, vandalism, blah, blah, blah.....catch my drift?
Mike Penney

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
League Scores
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 05:57:42 PM »
Quote from: "A-Lefty"
you can still post the dates in the subject line....... course reports are anonther thing that would be great if people use it... it would be nice to know if a course is a mile long, or really short before actually getting to the course. While freshly cut grass might not mean much to you, it is something that other care about as well. I know that I do and it makes a difference on choosing a course to play. Also someone can report on fallen trees, vandalism, blah, blah, blah.....catch my drift?

Ya I catch your drift on the course reports, I just thought when you mentioned the Chain mail that is was like important important things about the courses.  Something the course coordinators would say or write.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on the League reports.  Maybe we need to do a poll in General because we've already screwed this one up :D.