Author Topic: Tee for hole 1  (Read 1188 times)

Olorin

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Tee for hole 1
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:53:23 PM »
I found 2 tee pads for hole 1.  One is a concrete pad (at one time it was hole 6 on the map I had) and it appears to be the pad marked on the current map I found her on another thread.  The other was a pair of flags shooting through the woods, that you see after hole 10.  The tee with flags is a bigger anhyzer.  This also seems to be the one in the picture on playdg.com.  http://www.playdg.com/courses/?s=MO&c=cliffdrive&h=1   I just want to make sure I've got it right, so would someone please confirm which is the standard hole 1 tee?

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
Re: Tee for hole 1
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:55:56 AM »
Hey Lowe...next time you're in KC, stop by DGW for a visit. We're located around 10 minutes from both WW and Cliff.

Cliff will be finalized shortly as Jack has indicated that tee pads are coming soon. I'm not sure how he's going to handle the new tee (flags) on hole 1 (which makes it a much more interesting hole), but I think it is too close to the short placement on #10 and also is too close to the preferred landing zone for longer drivers when playing #10 long. There's also been a suggestion to alter #11 to make it a shorter downhill shot, teeing from the top of the hill near the fence toward the big tree and the street. Cliff has been Jack's baby from the start and  he'll should be making "concrete" (as in tees) decisions quite soon.

Rick
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

Olorin

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »
Hey Rick,

Thanks for the info.

I wanted to get by DGW but I was on a really tight schedule and wanted to get in as many courses as possible.  I got 4 1/2 courses on this trip.  Hopefully I'll get there in the future since I go to KC every Fall now.

Lowe

Olorin

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »
Is the new tee for hole 1 really 306 ft as playdg.com states?

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 10:08:49 AM »
No, that was the old Tee.  I would say the new tee is 350'-370', but the right turn makes it play way longer than that.

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 08:17:19 AM »
I just played the new Hole 1 t-pad yesterday with Keizer...INSANE.

Not sure how a righty needs to do it but it is ideal for a lefty...if you can just get it through all the vegetation.

Nice ballsy layout gentlemen!

Dan  8)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:38:14 AM by Lefty2 »
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Keizer

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »
Yes, Dan, twice this weekend I was able to blast my drive well into the field, and still ended up with 4s both times. Missing 15' putts will do that! >:( ;D

On a more positive note, I finally scored my first deuce from #3's new pad. Threw an Orc LHFH with a little anhyzer, and she "S-ed" her way on up to the top shelf. Felt good to finally hit that one!

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »
On a more positive note, I finally scored my first deuce from #3's new pad. Threw an Orc LHFH with a little anhyzer, and she "S-ed" her way on up to the top shelf. Felt good to finally hit that one!

That's no easy task there Mike. We are still playing from the top shelf on #3...while we still can. Once it gets all grown up, we will move down to the new #3.

Things are coming together it feels like up at Spooky...oh I mean Cliff.

Dan  8)
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 01:26:23 PM »
I really like both new Tees. Hole 1, though hard, is really cool because when someone (never me) makes a shot that lands on the hill or farther, it causes any obsessed dgolfer to gasp and grin.

I played Hole 3's new pad. It was pretty frustrating to look at, and it was even more shocking how after my group threw, 2 of us felt as if we had negative distance. I love it.